I stayed here for a 2 night stay and there are a few positives about the hotel. It's location really is fantastic with beautiful views from the Upper Deck Restaurant and outside space. The hotel is nice and clean and the decor is stylish.
There are unfortunately several negatives. The car park really is not big enough. On our arrival to the hotel we had to double park and then wait several hours before a space could be found. Once the car was parked we were then reluctant to use it again knowing that we would not have a space on our return.
The rooms while clean and nicely decorated are small and overpriced compared to other hotels we have stayed in.
The Upper Deck restaurant has a very poor choice of vegetarian food so maybe choose another hotel if you are vegetarian and hoping to eat well in the evenings.
On our last night we were told that the restaurant was fully booked so we had to sit at the bar and eat unimaginative vegetarian bar menu food (a tomato and cucumber sandwich which as a "special order" cost more than any other meat or fish sandwich on the menu!). As we sat uncomfortably at the bar eating our so called meal we watched the "fully booked" restaurant remain 40-50% empty.
This hotel really could be fantastic but sadly it is let down by the small overpriced bedrooms and the restaurant and it's staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fantastic stay at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa in Dorset. Wake up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoy a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hide away at the luxurious Harbour Spa! Make the most of this unique location whatever the season - a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Upper Deck Restaurant serves delicious, locally-sourced dishes and is open for lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Or you can also choose to dine in the award-winning Jetty Restaurant situated within the hotel's grounds. Stay in one of the luxury 64 bedrooms, some with four-poster beds and private garden terraces overlooking Mudeford Quay. All of the bedrooms feature flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and White Company toiletries. The Harbour Spa is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing spa treatment - from manicures and pedicures to facials and specialised massages. Relax in the indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, salt grotto and crystal steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de and Lastminute so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset