“Liked this a lot!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
UK
“Liked this a lot!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed for 2 nights thurs/friday in March.Excellent town centre position where you can walk to The Priory, River,nature reserve and shops. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly,nothing too much trouble. The food and service in the dining room was excellent.The cheese soufle starter was well worth trying. The room we had on 1st floor over looking the car park was spacious, airy and furnished in a modern boutique style,bed linen lovely crisp and white. Bathroom large, excellent shower over bath but if you have any mobility problems ask for a walk in shower because the modern bath had quite a high side.The soap in the bathroom was minute and possibly for emergency use only. However will certainly return we liked it a lot.

Room Tip: When you find how to get into the car park its fine and secure.
1 Thank JMC6
AdamTerpening, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank you finding the time to write a review on Trip advisor following your recent stay at the Kings Hotel in Christchurch. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I have conveyed your praise to the whole team and in particular the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager. i appreciate your observation about the size of the soap tablet in the bathroom which I will certainly look at.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings Hotel very soon

Adam S Terpening

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
sussex England
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have stayed at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel a number of times and thought we would try the Kings for a change.We had a three night stay DBB at a very reasonable rate. Staff lovely and welcoming. We stayed in room 201 on 2nd floor rear facing. Lovely generous size and big bathroom. We could see might get warm in the summer as had state of the art air conditioning unit and dyson fan, very impressive! Dinner excellent, cheese souffle to die for. Service on the first night, Thursday a bit mixed, our order got missed, but only two staff on trying to cope with bar and restaurant orders, they were running to keep up and in the end we felt a bit sorry for them. Much improved on Friday and Saturday.Cooked breakfast very good, I asked for poached egg, which wasn't on the menu and it was produced no problem. Again one morning our order got missed but waiter very apologetic and organised it immediately.
Finally I managed to leave my pyjamas behind in the room. I called to ask about them and Nicole on reception, sent them recorded delivery, no charge immediately. Stunning service!! Definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had room 201 at the back very quite. Probably faces North as no sunshine.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
AdamTerpening, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor following your recent stay at the Kings Hotel.

Overall , I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have conveyed your kind comments to my team and in particular Nicole on Reception and the Head Chef . I am sorry that dinner on the Thursday evening slipped in terms of service levels, but I appreciate your observations and feedback , which is very valuable to ensure that this does not recur in the future.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings very soon

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is a charming hotel with stylish, comfortable rooms and good service in a lovely location. I held my wedding here last year, which was wonderful - the event manager was brilliant and the food was particularly good considering they were serving so many people. We came back recently for a short break and the hotel still held its charm - the rooms and service were very good but it was the restaurant that we really wanted to sing home about. We're real foodies and we all had clean plates after each of our three courses!
Christchurch is a beautiful spot and is close to lots of other fantastic sites (Highcliffe castle, lots of beaches, Sandbanks, the New Forest, Mudiford and so on). We'd strongly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is on a road, which is not busy in the evening/night but the sound might anno...
2 Thank Kelly Z
Thank you so much for writing a review on Tripadvisor and the positive feedback following your Wedding Day with us last year and your recent stay this year. It is always very motivating to receive praise of this nature and I have ensured that my whole team are aware of your kind comments and in particular Karen Baker Events Manager and Tony Doyle Head Chef.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Kind regards

West Sussex
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is our third visit to this boutique hotel and very definitely the best. We stayed in an elegant "platinium" room with an enormous king size bed that was very comfortable. The service was second to none and this time we had dinner as well as breakfast. The dinner menu is nicely thought out and the food was excellent as was the wine. This hotel overlooks the historic Priory grounds so you do hear church bells ringing but the view and comfort of the front of house rooms make it worth it. You could always ask for a room at the back of the hotel if you prefer to be quieter.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a road so if you would prefer a quieter room ask to be at the back. The front of h...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
AdamTerpening, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us . I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I will ensure that my team are aware of your praise and in particular the Chef for the of quality of the food and the Restaurant Manager for the level of service that you received. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings very soon.

Kind Regards

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Found this hotel by chance on a deal via the internet as a few days break was urgently required.Turned out to be an inspired choice. Great base for the many attractions in the area.Booked H/B and was never disappointed.Food in the Jacks restaurant was always perfect both at breakfast and the evening meals.Modern feel to an older hotel.Rooms are good with everything you need and every staff member from the maintenance man to the manager could not do enough for you.Didn't want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steve22073
AdamTerpening, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Kings Hotel. I know that my whole Team will be greatly motivated by your praise and I will ensure that your comments are passed on, and in particular to the Maintenance Engineer and the Restaurant and Kitchen Brigade.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and I appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to write a review on TripAdvisor

Ada
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We chose this hotel as it is central to all our widespread family and with interesting places to visit within walking distance. Fabulous venue, everyone was well impressed with the excellent service (particularly Neil the mngr who kept me back a plate of food when I was too excited to eat). The buffet was delicious and the "hot" food was piping hot straight from the kitchen. Very relaxed atmosphere, I felt as if it was my own home. The bedrooms are beautiful, with a bath so deep I could swim in it. Only comment on bedrooms, is the drawers are too shallow to put much in.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a lovely view but can be noisy, due to road noise.
Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
AdamTerpening, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you so much for the positive regarding your recent birthday celebration in the Priory suite at the Kings Hotel.

I am so pleased that it went so well and I have conveyed your compliments to the whole team at the Hotel, who will be greatly motivated by your praise.

i really appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to write a review for the benefit of my team and possible future guests of the Hotel.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We chose The Kings due to it's location - central to Bournemouth and to the New Forest. We were looking for venues for a summer event and thought it would make an ideal base after a busy day out. However this hotel was so lovely we couldn't wait to get back and after looking at many other hotels in the area we can confidently say this is one of the best there is.

The staff simply couldn't be more helpful. The team work very well together - this shows in the level of service given, making it seem effortless. And we can't recommend the bar for its cocktails highly enough! With a knowledgeable young bartender, many of us were kept up well past our bedtimes trying just one more of his recommended mixes. The bar has a great ambience and is worth a visit even if you aren't staying.

The rooms had every convenience you should want, were decorated to a high standard and the entire hotel was spotless.

The hotel is perfectly situated and the only slight downside would have been the parking which can be limited, except that the staff were on top of this the whole time so it didn't cause any worry.

It was nice to have the option to use the sister hotel spa which is a short drive away. We didn't have time to enjoy this but did stop for a look on our way home on the Sunday - it looked gorgeous, if a little busy.

On booking we thought the hotel was a little pricey (we booked deciding we would pay a little more than the alternatives as a treat) but after seeing what other hotels offer this is one of the best value hotels we have stayed in.

We can't recommend it highly enough and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becca_and_Dale
AdamTerpening, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit to the Kings Hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and i have conveyed your praise to the whole team who will be greatly motivated by your review.

i look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings on many future occasions

Adam S Terpening
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
#9 of 11 in Christchurch
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in New Milton

Been to The Kings Arms? Share your experiences!