“Good Find...”

The Kings Arms
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
“Good Find...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Hotel and room well presented. There is limited parking across the road in a layby where the staff need to move your cars around, definetly try to get into the back car park much easier...

Reception and bar staff all very attentive, staff in the restaurant were a bit more robotic but never the less the food was fantastic and reasonable priced for the quality. Bar serves nice cocktails with a smile! There is also a very nice lounge.

Hotel room and bathroom were well presented, we stayed in a loft room which was more than adequate space for a couple. Only issue was that as it was in the eves of the building and it was winding the windows did rattle and whistle a lot.

We also used the spa at the sister hotel which was well equipped with a warm welcome. A definite bonus to this hotel as you get the best of both with hotel in the centre but being able to use the pool etc down the road.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dennismrs
Lukasz-Dwornik, General Manager at The Kings Arms, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to the Kings. I have noted your comments, which I will absolutely share with the HODs.

King Regards
Lukasz Dwornik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Southampton. Would have stayed longer if rooms were available. Excellent room, lovely clean, crisp linens, gorgeous deep bath, plenty of bathroom products, even slippers thrown in. Bedroom and bathroom both really large which is nice, some are so small you can't turn around in the shower, this is spacious. The dinner and breakfast we had in the restaurant was excellent, good local produce used, lovely fresh flavours and great service. Across the road are the priory ruins and park walks down to the river, sand spit close by. Wonderful, just book it, its good value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Argamemnon
Thank you so much for writing a positive review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I will certainly share your comments with all my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings very soon.

Appledore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Ate at the Kings Hotel yesterday and pre-ordered the beef Josper Grill. The service was superb, friendly, efficient, attentive without being overbearing. And when the food arrived the people at the next table stopped eating and said "WOW!" Enough beautifully cooked meat for a family to share between 2. If you like meat you must try it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David F
Thank you so much for writing a positive review following your dinner (Josper Night) in our Kings Arms Restaurant and I will certainly share your comments with all my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

The rib eye steaks were delicious, great to share but if you have a good appetite easy for one! Tomato and avocado as a side really good. Espresso martinis lovely . Very good value. Next time will try 15 mile menu. Would highly recommend the restaurant nice modern decor, good food, wine and attentive service.

2 Thank AnnaLilli
Thank you so much for writing a positive review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your steaks from The Josper Grill at the Kings Arms. I will certainly share your comments with all my team.

Wareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Living in the centre of Christchurch gives us so much choice of where to eat. How fortunate are we to have the "New Look" kings, just over the road! We had not been for a couple of years having been ripped off by the Gary Rhodes experience - what an improvement!!
Being in the Hotel & Restaurant business we really appreciate good service and food - my daughter and I were really impressed. We felt welcome from the minute we arrived, friendly, professional service and the food was amaising! The 15 mile, £15 menu was fabulous and the overall experience was really good.
Well done Alex Aitkin - we are now encouraged to give the jetty another try - again we had such a dissapointing time in the days of Gary Rhodes.
Needless to say we shall definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for writing a positive review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your dinner at The Kings Arms. We will always do our best to cater for our guests, and offer reasonably priced simple, seasonal, local produce.

I will certainly share your comments with all my team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings very soon.

bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My daughter treated me for a meal at The Kings hotel for a special occasion. We were given an exceptionally warm welcome by the lovely manager "Lucas" who continued to ensure our evening was special and enjoyable.
The 3 course £15.00 menu was incredibly good value which also included a glass of wine. Although clearly an upmarket hotel, it was not in the slightest bit pretentious. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient.
I will definitely be returning, but next time I would like to book a room.
Thank you Lucas for making our evening so enjoyable.

1 Thank S H
Thank you so much for writing a positive review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your dinner and I will certainly share your comments with all my team.

Bransgore, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Had a get together with some old friends from London and Southampton in the newly decorated restaurant and were very pleased with the new 15 miles £15 menu which included Alex Aitken's famous twice baked cheese souffle, which is the best and wonderful Meadowbrook lamb. There was a great atmosphere and very busy and we just loved the candle type lighting hanging from the ceiling. All in all a good night out and can thoroughly recommend a visit to the all new restaurant. There is also currently an art exhibition in the Georgian Room which we enjoyed looking around.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cmjm10
We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself, thank you for writing on tripadvisor, and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the resturant.