“Wonderful three nights in Mudeford” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seapoint B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christchurch
Seapoint B&B
Ranked #27 of 32 Christchurch B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful three nights in Mudeford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have just spent a wonderful three nights at Seapoint in Mudeford in July. The beach and quay were nice and close for our evening walks with restaurants and pubs nearby. It's was romantic place our room the four poster was quiet and comfortable and immaculately clean. A full English breakfast was nice, there was also a selection of fresh fruit, cereals, including wonderful coffee. Thank you for such a nice time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juliasyms
brianfoxChristchurch, Owner at Seapoint B&B, responded to this review, 24 September 2015
Many thanks for the nice review of Seapoint, from Bernice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

If you like old fashioned decour from the 30's, soft beds with linen and bed sheets from the 70's then this is the place for you.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a fake, smiley owner who put on a disigusting false smile while talking with us, and then hearing her shout at the poor lad that was working for her in the kitchen out back led us to believe that she was quite psychopathic.

We chose the attic room as it seemed the nicest, but that was a mistake! Getting insanely hot in there, we got no sleep, even with the velux windows wide open.

Breakfast was adequate with cheap sausages, cheap bacon, cheap tea, cheap coffee, the full works! Expected from a greasy spoon, or a very cheap B & B.

Not only does the owner treat her staff awfully, but she clearly doesn't check when a room has been cleaned, as no leaving and packing our things after the night, we found a blood stain on the bed sheet that definetely was not ours. We were horrified by this and would not return, or advise any one to visit, seapoint B&B.

I am sure the owner is doing things slightly under board, having spotted a food hygiene certificate/cleanliness award for the B&B saying that it had been inspected, dating from 1986!

If you like all of this, or would not mind any of it, then it is for you I suppose

Mr & Mrs Smith

Room Tip: Don't pick the attic rooms. I believe there are two. Also from browsing the place, there seems t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Alan S
brianfoxChristchurch, Owner at Seapoint B&B, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
The room has been redecorated by me in January / February 2013. The bed was new 6 years ago and the sheets are only 2 years old these are replaced with new every two years as are the towels.

The fake smile, the customer is on about, is a natural one. I have always had a smile on my face because of the trade I have been in for donkeys of years. I always smile at people when they arrive maybe this customer does not know how to smile. The didn’t have smile on their faces when they arrived.

As for shouting at lad, this was necessary because he was about to burn himself with hot fat from bacon tray, he tilted it and fat would have burnt his legs. I took over and showed him how to handle the tray. He was in training and has only done breakfasts once before.

On his first time he worked with me he had a puncture on his cycle and after first shift he took his cycle wheel out to repair where he caught his knee on the cycle and cut it, I had to give him first aid. I can only think that when he made up the room next day before customer came; he caught his knee on my white sheets putting the blood mark on the sheet, and did not see this. I notice he had taken the dressing off his knee. I don’t check the beds after each make up.

The upper room can be hot under certain weather conditions a fan is supplied to help. We have slept in an identical room for 8 years we know this can happen but it rare in this country.

The sausage and bacon are locally bought: Isle of Wight tomatoes, bacon from Highcliffe and sausages from Barton-on-Sea. The coffee is a refreshing morning coffee original and the tea is Sainsbury’s ‘Red label’ these are not cheap ingredients.

The customer is completely wrong about the notice, what he saw was a
special hygiene course I took years ago (1986) for Restaurant positions.
We take our HYGIENE seriously, and are checked from council every year.

Travellers are raving about these Christchurch hotels

Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Had a lovely 4 night stay at seapoint, hospitality was excellent. V-pleased with the room, v-clean, plenty of choice at breakfast, 5mins from the beach. the food at the haven was v-nice too, we would definatly stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank greg r
Devizes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to have a weekend away in Christchurch and we booked into Seapoint Bed and Breakfast in Mudeford on recommendation from a friend.
We really enjoyed our stay there, we took the four poster bedroom, clean, fresh and the bed was comfortable.
We were just a 3 minute walk from the Quay, and there are plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby. We ate at a restaurant quite near called Avon beach. The restaurants and beach, just a 5 minute walk from the Seapoint and after we had eaten we sat on the beach overlooking the IOW which was lovely. Overall a great day out!

The breakfasts were served between 8:00 and 9:00 - quite early but at least it gets us up! Lovely cooked breakfasts, with a selection of cereal, yogurt and fruit was available.

Overall a lovely weekend, and we would definitely return when we next visit Christchurch .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Four of us took two rooms at Seapoint for the May bank holiday weekend. We were welcomed by Bernice and shown to our room. The rooms were nice and bed comfortable, the local area was spectacular, everyone was on the beach or sailing in the harbour, the habour and Quay being just a few miniutes walk. In the evening we went for a meal at the 'Jetty' very nice.
The full English breakfast kept us going for the rest of the day until the next evening with only a snack for lunch in the Haven.

We will come to Seapiont again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had booked my one-night stay at Seapoint before I had seen the reviews on Tripadvisor and so felt some apprehension given some of the negative comments. I drove to Mudeford from Sheffield and managed to get myself lost on the last leg of my journey. I phoned Bernice to let her know I'd be a bit late and she expressed concern that I'd lost my way and tried to be helpful. I got there to a warm welcome. The room was clean and comfortable with facilities to make a hot drink, and I enjoyed a good night's sleep. Seapoint is ideally situated near the harbour and I would certainly visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed at seapoint after a late arrival to the new forest meant we wanted somewhere to stay for the night. As we were on quite a tight budget we picked the cheapest (although still not particularly cheap, when did staying one night in england get so expensive?!) nearish b&b with a suitable room available.

Shortly after booking via the Internet I received a phone call asking when we would be arriving, we had never stayed in a b&b before so not sure if this is usual practice. We were greeted by the owner who was very friendly, if a bit eccentric. The room was nice enough, not really something I would have picked had we been booking in advance (just personal taste) but it was somewhere to sleep, bed was comfy, TV with lots of channels, tea and coffee, very clean...can't really complain about that! Bathroom was down a short corridor, which again was fine by us. Can't really see why people are whinging about a 5 second walk...

The location was fantastic, had a walk along to a pub/restaurant for dinner and also walked to the quay and along the beach the next morning, which were just around the corner. Bernice also kindly let us leave the car there a while longer even though we had checked out prior to going on a walk, which saved us paying for the car park.

There was a good variety of breakfast food on offer, fry up was cooked well, and bernice was very attentive. All in all, seapoint is a nice enough place to stay, and does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple