“Good value, nice room, excellent service and full English!”
Review of Golfers Reach

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christchurch
Golfers Reach
Ranked #27 of 32 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Booked this place for a Friday night as my friends had their wedding reception at the Lord Bute. It was the only B&B nearby who would take a single night booking at the weekend (happy to see vacancy signs as I walked past the greedy B&Bs). Can't really comment on the local area as I was just there for the wedding (but location was perfect for Lord Bute).
With the reference to Golfers I wondered if this would be a low quality place but I was really pleased. The other guests I saw were couples, the room was clean with new shower room (no bath but I didn't ask if they have baths in any of the rooms).
Denise was vey friendly - she let me check in early and get showered and dressed for the wedding after a long journey.
At breakfast I heard her offer a lift (not sure where to) to some other guests "to save you getting a taxi"- she was incredibly friendly and helpful (that's why I made the effort to write this review). Breakfast was really good (and cheeky northern lads get extra eggs and bacon!).
Would highly recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank united_always_score

Reviewed 1 May 2010

I booked this on line, having read reviews and it was just what we wanted, a quiet place to get away from it all. We arrived mid afternoon to a lovely welcome from Denise. Having been given a choice of rooms, all en-suite we chose one and unpacked. A quick look around before venturing out revealed a spotless room, and Molton Brown goodies in the bathroom. We went for a lovely walk, the B&B was well located for ease of amenities. We walked up the road to the Galleon and had dinner and drinks. The following morning breakfast was served in the conservatory, choices of cereal, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt was offered, fresh toast and real coffee, full english breakfast with quality fresh food, excellent all round, kept us going until lunch time. This was the only B&B who did not increase their prices two or three times due to the bank holiday. We would thoroughly recommend the Golfers Reach.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple