“Very Good Service”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We popped in here for lunch this week- bar fairly busy and a good atmosphere. We had a ciabatta and mini pizzas between us and a couple of coffees- friendly quick service and tasty food, as always.

Staff here are always friendly and professional in what they do- all around this is one of the better places to eat in Christchurch.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Just the place for an informal evening out. Great food and superb atmosphere. The service is first class and it is value for money

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Superb food and excellent food and service. We love it here as the service here is consistently good and home cooked food to an excellent standard.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were in town for a wedding and decided to try out Soho with some friends. We arrived around 19:30 in the evening and left shortly after 22:30 and in that time all we'd had was a pizza and 2 drinks. This wasn't due to us being slow eaters, excessive talking, etc but down to the absolutely appalling service by the staff.

We were seated in the upstairs section of the restaurant and the server didn't really seem overly keen to take our order. When they did we weren't allowed to order something displayed on the "specials" board downstairs because they don't serve off that menu on a Thursday despite the sign still being on display.

Our pizzas were all fantastic so no quibbles about the actual meal but once we were finished we were left un-attended for ages. Eventually one of our party went and asked for desert menus. Each of the party found a desert but after almost 40 minutes since receiving the desert menu no-one had bothered to come and take our order so we left.

Even in a busy restaurant service like this would be unacceptable but Soho was fairly quiet that night and the staff were more determined to set up for the following day than take out order.

The manageress then came over with the bill after one of the party had to walk over to request it and upon our complaining were asked if we were staying around for a coffee. Really?

Their loss because the poor service cost them at least £20 in deserts and another £20 in drinks orders.

Personally, the pizzas are good but they aren't that good that I'd tolerate such shoddy service again.

1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I have just come away from Soho pretty disgusted at the state of my beer glass.... having had most of my beer, I noticed at the bottom of the glass me seriously dodgy black gunk. Perhaps I should've noticed this earlier, but as it was right at the bottom of the glass, I hope you can forgive me!

I took the glass to the bar tender, who politely said, "Oh, I am really sorry"....

Thank you for your concern, but I would have imagined, as a minimum, perhaps a 1/2 on the house? I don't want to be picky here, but the least I should expect is a clean glass.

3  Thank Antman_Cambs