“Great Holiday Park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christchurch
Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed with Sandhills from Mon-Fri last in May 2014 and it was a lovely relaxing break.

The location is great, right on the beach and a short drive to Bournemouth if you fancy a day/night out. Our apartment was lovely, very nicely decorated and spacious. Unfortunately, we didn't get to try out the pool as the weather wasn't great, but it looks clean and inviting and its heated!

The staff were friendly and helpful and we quite often saw the manager walking around talking to guests which was good to see and made him very approachable.

We would definitely go back as its a great little park in a lovely location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Willow H
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you very much for your very kind words.

All the staff here at Sandhills strive to make a guests holiday as comfortable and relaxing as possible. In my opinion Sandhills is a beautiful park and we are so pleased you had a lovely break here.

From all the staff, we hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit to the same accomodation it had been freshly painted, new curtains throughout & a new bed settee thank you i said the last one needed replacing as it was uncomfortable. Beautiful view over the park & sea from the enormous balcony. Did not want to leave love it here & cannot wait to come again :-)

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank snuggie1957
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your very kind words regarding our park here at Sandhills.

I am so pleased that your break away was as enjoyable and peaceful as holidays are meant to be.

We hope to welcome you back to Sandhills very soon for an equally relaxing stay and to admire the beautiful surroundings that we offer.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

As previous reviewer said, we also just had a lovely relaxing weekend. Molbile home generally clean (apart from vast amount of cobwebs on living area ceiling light) and comfortable bed which is most important. Staff on reception & bar friendly but as we came slightly out of season there wasn't any draft cider or ale only bottled. But the setting of the site with sea views, easy access to promenade and Noisy Lobster close by for a breakfast made it a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jenny C
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and providing us with some great feedback.

We are also grateful for your two comments which I have looked into and have been resolved, the bar is now fully operational.

We hope to welcome you back to Sandhills soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have just returned from a relaxing weekend at Sandhills. Booked at the last minute on a half price deal and far exceeded expectations. Te caravan (117) was spotless, well laid out and had a superbly comfortable bed. Lovely decking area for outside seating, accessed by French windows and even a glimpse of the sea between the trees and caravans in front. Only a couple of minutes walk to the edge of the site and a little gate leads you right onto the promenade. Nice looking outdoor swimming and paddling pools, not brave enough to test in March, but seemed well cared for and lifeguard protected. Staff very welcoming and helpful from arrival and beyond. Good balance of interest in your comfort and enjoyment without being intrusive. Lovely workman who lives on site came to show me workings of heating within moments of asking advice from reception. He then went the extra mile by showing me how to work tv and offering any future help or reassurance I might need. As a solo female guest in a new place he was a reassuring presence even though I did not need to contact him again. I achieved my desire of a nice quiet relaxing stress free weekend. I would recommend Sandhills to anyone who likes comfortable caravans, great beach access, peace from kids clubs and strange giant characters wandering around, and just wants to chill out. Keeping my eye open for another special offer in the future.

Room Tip: Loved my caravan 117. Looked very well cared for.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank password65
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kinds words and choosing Sandhills Holiday Park for your Holiday.

The whole team work hard to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to this beautiful surrounded area in which Sandhills is situated.

We are all so pleased the Park was as you expected, even exceeded your expectations, the team look forward to welcoming you back to Sandhills soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Just come back from Sandhills fantastic location right on the prom, we stayed in flat 3 with balcony, we couldn't believe our luck when we saw how big the balcony was lovely view of the sea. The flat was adequate but could do with a new settee the one there was not very comfortable, the bed looked like it was going to be uncomfortable but I had the best weeks sleep & I suffer from back pain ;) the flat is quite basic but has all you need we will definitely stay there again next year.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snuggie1957
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at Sandhills. We are planning a refurbishment in the near future, so hopefully by next time every area will be perfect for you. I may even keep that aside just for you! We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lovely setting right next to Mudeford Quay which is why I wanted to go. I needed to walk along the beach and clear the cobwebs away for a couple of days. I booked about 4 weeks before and paid £130 for 3 nights. We were in flat 7 which was one bedroom with a sofa bed in the lounge. Located on the 1st floor towards the back so away from the bar area so it was very quiet. It was also the last flat at the end of a corridor so no-one walking past or banging doors. It is billed as a gold appartment (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) but I would say this is possibly a bit misleading. The flat was big and had what appeared to be a new carpet (bonus point), but it all felt a bit tired and dated with wallpaper coming off the wall in the bedroom and ceiling tiles broken, but it was very clean and the all the appliances worked. The sofa bed wasn't very comfy at all (strange curve/lump) but luckily I had read this in a previous review and had taken a small blow up bed with me (plenty of room in the lounge to put it up without taking up space).

In summary, friendly staff, spacious flat, great location but in need of some tlc which hopefully it will get over the winter. I would go back if I could get a deal as I loved the location but I wouldn't want to pay full price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey E

Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay with us at Sandhills. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our beach front location and that you generally enjoyed your stay. We do have plans in the very near future to refurbish some of our apartments, so hopefully the next time you visit we will tick every box to make your holiday a perfect escape.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a 3 night stay this weekend. The park itself is in a good location and most caravans look ok or good. we were allocated number 30. you cannot get your car near the caravan to unload. The caravan was under a huge tree. However worst of all is that the caravan was very old and the floors were filthy with stains on the carpets and sofa area. the bedroom floor was soaking wet on one side, not sure from what as the weekend was dry. we checked out after the second night and into a premier inn. Having explained why to reception their reaction was 'sorry about that'! Great British service!!! Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank keith g
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the Bronze accommodation that you booked.

Sandhills is in a very unique setting, combining a beach front location with trees throughout the park, which give the park so much character. Therefore (albeit a plus for some or a negative for others) many of the holiday homes are located next to trees.

The caravan you booked is only 10 years old, granted it is not the modern style or has the layout of the silver or gold models, but it is still a very popular family caravan.

After speaking with the reception, unfortunately we had no alternate accommodation to offer you, which I believe was pointed out at the time.

We do endeavour to meet our guests needs at all times, but due to the popularity of Sandhills, sometimes we cannot offer alternates, for which I apologise.

Again, I thank you for complimenting our location and park and I hope you continue to use Park Holidays UK for your future holidays, and not let this one caravan put you off returning to see us again at Sandhills.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christchurch
Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
Avon Beach Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 32 in Christchurch
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel

Been to Sandhills Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!