“Very welcoming”

Ranked #8 of 33 Christchurch B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I regularly stay at Grovesnor Lodge when visiting Christchurch for the fishing and always try and stay with Yas at Grovesnor Lodge. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfasts are the best and there's parking right outside.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
channel isles
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I have recently returned from a 3 night stay at The Grovesnor Lodge B&B. I 'd stayed in Christchurch once before and I liked it so much that I wanted to spend some more time there .Last time I stayed at the Druid House hotel .That was fully booked so I chose The Grovesnor Lodge
There are a few guesthouses in the area .I chose The Grovesnor Lodge because it looked nice on its website.
The hotel is a short 5 minute walk from the train station & a 10-12 minute walk from the town centre.
I paid £60 per night for sole occupancy .I think that may be quite expensive for the area but I thought it it a reasonable price.My first 2 nights were spent in room 9 which is a triple room [with a double bed and a single bed] at the top of the house .The owner explained that I had somehow been put in the wrong room & asked if I would mind moving for my final night . So my last night was spent in room 2 .
Both rooms were clean ,spacious & nicely decorated,The bathrooms[with a shower ,no bath] are nice.There were nice toiletries in the bathroom, a nice bathrobe[ which .looked unworn] & bathroom scales.
There's a hospitality tray in the bedroom ,and a hairdryer
TV reception wasn't very good But there's also a music system in the rooms -though I didn't try it
Both rooms are at the front of the house so there is some traffic noise but this didn't bother me
Breakfast is served in the very pleasant & bright dining room .Guests serve themselves to fruit juice ,grapefruit segments ,yoghurt &cereals .There is a range of cooked breakfasts which are freshly prepared ,The coffee was very nice .You can ,if you wish.request a continental breakfast .
One fairly minor incident that really impressed me was that on the Sunday I woke up at about 9.15 am ,According to the hotel's brochure breakfast is served from 8.30-9.15 on Saturday & Sundays so I naturally assumed that I 'd missed breakfast.
At about 9.30 a young lady knocked on my door to ask if I wanted breakfast. I explained that I 'd overslept & would miss breakfast ,She returned 5 minutes later to say there was no rush and I could go down when ever I was ready
I don't think I 've ever stayed anywhere before where they've gone to such trouble to ensure I had breakfast.
When I was leaving the owner offered me a lift to the station .Again , this is something she didn't have to do.
I would definitely recommend The Grovesnor lodge