“Loved it, a proper pub that serves good food.”
Review of The Nelson Tavern

The Nelson Tavern
Ranked #38 of 150 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The newly refurbished Nelson Tavern is now serving a locally sourced menu, cooked fresh by our experienced gastro chef. Family and dog friendly, Cask Ales, Sunday Roasts, and a Friendly atmosphere.
Surrey
“Loved it, a proper pub that serves good food.”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Found this on the last day of our 5 day break . Very welcoming, the staff were so nice and friendly. We ate and my husband chose a roast, something he never does as he says roast dinners in pubs are never the same. I cannot tell you how much he enjoyed it. He said it was the best pub meal he had eaten. I had a lovely cottage pie with an excellent selection of vegetables. I liked the fact they allowed dogs in. Although we do not have a dog it gave it a lovely homely feel. Chris the cellar manager served us, what a truly nice, pleasant man. Well done The Nelson !

• Visited April 2014

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Shocking Service was so bad it was actually laughable!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have never felt compelled to write a review on here - until now.
What could have been a really enjoyable evening was let down by possibly the worse service I have ever experienced. The waitress (mature lady possibly owner?) who showed complete disinterest in her customers, menu and chef throughout the whole evening. I won't begin to list the catalogue of basic customer service errors and ignorance (as just too many from start to finish) but the 'finale' was being handed the bill without an opportunity of ordering desert or coffee and being told "the kitchen had now closed" (no prior warning). A serious lack of common courtesy, manners and basic customer service skills makes me wonder how anyone can run a business in this way and sleep well at night.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dolli27
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pub with a difference”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Decent pub with a good selection of real ale. The difference is the Thai food, which is good, eat in or take away. They also do english food.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BRIANACTON
Berkhamsted
“A good take away service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten in the restaurant but this was my first take away. It was a Thursday night and the bar was packed for the weekly quiz-night. I had driven for three hours and arrived too late for the fish and chip shops who had all closed by 8pm. Despite the busy quiz crowd my order was taken and filled before I could finish my pint. I ordered the £11 a head Thai menu A. It came with complimentary crackers and was piping hot even after a 10 minute drive home. The meal for two was enough for four people and all the dishes were as good as I have eaten in the restaurant.

I did put on half a kilo in weight as a result though!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GloriousGrey
london
“Good value for Good Food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Enjoyed two meals here whilst away for the weekend. The carvery on Sunday looked good.... so we will return in the summer when we are on holiday with our family. Staff were very friendly and efficient.... pub was noisy but there is a quiet restaurant and beer garden.
Don't be put off by the outside as the proof of the pudding is in the eating. The home cooked chunky chips knock spots off The Harbour Hotel ones. There is a good choice of authentic Thai and English food and children's meals.
DON'T WALK BY.... GO IN & TRY... the Ribs are to die for!!!

Visited April 2014