“A nice Thai restaurant.”
Review of The Nelson Tavern

The Nelson Tavern
Ranked #34 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The newly refurbished Nelson Tavern is now serving a locally sourced menu, cooked fresh by our experienced gastro chef. Family and dog friendly, Cask Ales, Sunday Roasts, and a Friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We both had deep fried Tofu in plum sauce, which was nice, I had veg spring rolls, which were very nice, my hubby had veg samosas, which he liked the taste of, but the filling was a bit meagre. Staff seemed nice. We would return, if in that neck of the woods.Also, there was a nice garden, but it was a bit too nippy to sit out.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Great Carvery on a Sunday. Nice pink meat. Great atmosphere with live music and best colliflower cheese I've ever had (was mostly cheese). Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Found this on the last day of our 5 day break . Very welcoming, the staff were so nice and friendly. We ate and my husband chose a roast, something he never does as he says roast dinners in pubs are never the same. I cannot tell you how much he enjoyed it. He said it was the best pub meal he had eaten. I had a lovely cottage pie with an excellent selection of vegetables. I liked the fact they allowed dogs in. Although we do not have a dog it gave it a lovely homely feel. Chris the cellar manager served us, what a truly nice, pleasant man. Well done The Nelson !

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have never felt compelled to write a review on here - until now.
What could have been a really enjoyable evening was let down by possibly the worse service I have ever experienced. The waitress (mature lady possibly owner?) who showed complete disinterest in her customers, menu and chef throughout the whole evening. I won't begin to list the catalogue of basic customer service errors and ignorance (as just too many from start to finish) but the 'finale' was being handed the bill without an opportunity of ordering desert or coffee and being told "the kitchen had now closed" (no prior warning). A serious lack of common courtesy, manners and basic customer service skills makes me wonder how anyone can run a business in this way and sleep well at night.

1  Thank Dolli27
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Decent pub with a good selection of real ale. The difference is the Thai food, which is good, eat in or take away. They also do english food.

1  Thank BRIANACTON