“Good food at a decent price”
Review of Ye Olde George Inn

Ye Olde George Inn
Ranked #40 of 162 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Christchurch is not short of places to eat and we found the Ye Old George Inn - only yards from The Priory, which is a major tourist attraction - ideal on a sunny, summer day.
The outside area is spacious and well away from the traffic noise and the food was good value.
The peri peri wrap was packed with flavour and my ham, egg and chips provided a substantial meal at a decent price.
The inn also has a cosy inside area and good selection of real ale and the staff are really helpful. Glad we popped in.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We came here for an evening meal in October 2016 having eaten here on a previous visit to the town; when asking for menus at the bar we were told about a 2 for 1 pizza offer which was a great surprise as this wasn't advertised on its signs outside. I found the service at the bar to be friendly and welcomiong. Despite it being a little chilly we were able to sit outside in the quiet courtyard which had a TV screen with the football on, the jazz bar at the end of the courtyard did not disturb us. My pizza was tasty and a decent size, with the offer it was great value.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Perfect for quick lunch, Manager extremely pleasant and helpful & honest when it came to advice regarding menu and celiac requirements.

Pleasant garden and seating area, will definitely be back when in Christchurch

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I visited with my husband, 2 year old daughter and mother for lunch. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The menu was basic with a few interesting additions, the citrus squid was the best squid we've had for a long time. The only quibble is the lack of baby change facilities, although staff did direct me to a space I could use.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch with the family, ordered mixed starters of prawns, squid and chips and dips, asked them to arrive with the other main meals, this didn't happen. My wife ordered margarita pizza, this had plum tomatoes on and was very poor, complained to the waiter who said the pizzas were "generally hit and miss" whatever that means.
Disappointing will not return here