“Beautiful gardens, excellent food!”
Review of The Old Vicarage

The Old Vicarage
Ranked #62 of 155 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Old Vicarage is a six bedroom Country House set in the heart of ten acres of Gardens. Say "I Do" at The Old Vicarage! Tie the knot, then celebrate with a party to remember in our stunning Garden Marquee. The beautiful Botanical Gardens and Woodlands offer the most perfect back-drop for what will become the most memorable day of your lives. A dream setting, coupled with outstanding food and service, for you and your guest to enjoy. The Old Vicarage is Licensed for Ceremonies, in our beautiful Orangery and outside Summer House. We are here to work with you, our dedicated Wedding Co-Ordinators will be on hand from beginning to end, ensuring stress- free preparations. offering you the utmost in flexibility and attention to detail, each Wedding is tailored to your specification. Co-ordinate with our Cordon Bleu Chef to create an enticing Menu. We enjoy what we do and look forward to working alongside you to create the Wedding of your dreams!
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Visited for a cream tea with friends. Delicious hot scones with homemade raspberry jam, thick clotted cream and plenty of tea. All served on assorted floral china in a light airy conservatory, gardens were beautiful too. Highly recommended.

TheOldVicarageHinton, Manager at The Old Vicarage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to right a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Cream Tea with us.

Afternoon Tea is our speciality, and there is nothing prettier than Vintage China!

Everything is home-made by our Chefs

We do hope you will visit us soon

There are newer reviews for The Old Vicarage

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Had a 2 night stay, the room was lovey, big comfortable bed every thing very clean a well presented. Best breakfast ever and was served hot. would defiantly stay again.

1  Thank Dawn L

Thank you so very much for your lovely review.

I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Recentlly visited this lovely hotel for lunch with elderly grandmother to book 100th birthday party. Had lunch whilst there. Fish and chips, tempura prawns and cream tea with sandwiches. Really lovely food. The Tempura prawns were divine, mouthwatering and delicious, so much so that we have chosen it on our menu.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful in deciding details for our celebration taking time,great care and flexibility in menu choices and deatails for the great day. I was very impressed.
The venue itself is quiet, comfortable with lovely gardens. We also had a look at the rooms with a view to any of our guests wanting to stay overnight. My goodness they are lovely. A very high standard of finish. Lovely decor. Looked very comfortable.
I look forward to writing another review after our do in November. Somerset Foodie

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write a review.

We are honoured that you are hosting your Grandmother's 100th Birthday Celebrations with us at The Old Vicarage!

We are so pleased that we have been able to work alongside you to create your Menu.

We are all really looking forward to the special day

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Great decor and cosy atmosphere, but disappointed to be charged £9 for a very poor ploughman's lunch. Home baked bread was advertised on the menu but the bread served was a thinly sliced piece of bread and no way home baked! Very very expensive , I have never paid this much for a ploughman's lunch! The salad was poor as was the small amount of ham. Would have been happy to pay £4.95 but not £9! I won't be going back which is a shame as I am a local and it could be a fab spot for lunching, seems to be very focused on weddings.

1  Thank helen s
TheOldVicarageHinton, Owner at The Old Vicarage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your review. I am surprised that you mention paying £9 for our Ploughman's
Lunch. It has always been priced at £7.50. Our till is programmed to £7.50.

Our home-made bread is Red Onion, Rosemary & Garlic Focaccia, baked fresh daily. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the bread, if you had mentioned this at the time, we would have been more than happy to replace it with our fresh white loaf.

We provide two large slices of ham on a Ploughman's, I sorry that you did not find this satisfactory.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Had a meal here in March and have waited to see if my friends who went last week fared any better. Apparently not, Sunday lunch was poor, not good value and my friends felt like they weren't wanted. For me and my partner, we took some friends who visited us from London and I was concerned that they didn't enjoy the experience, so I tested it with them. No they wouldn't go back, they thought it was a lovely venue, but service was poor and the food was not up to the standard it professes to be. Would we all go back, no, and its a shame because the venue is lovely.

1  Thank Angus50

Thank you for your review.

I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. We have recently had a change over in couple of previous staff, and our service has improved.

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming family-run business. As your experience does not seem to match our usual high standards - I would like to offer you and your friends whom visited previously a Cream Tea, please call me on 01425 277006.

I look forward to hearing from you.