“Awful Sunday Lunch” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Old Vicarage
Ranked #66 of 148 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Old Vicarage is a six bedroom Country House set in the heart of ten acres of Gardens. Say "I Do" at The Old Vicarage! Tie the knot, then celebrate with a party to remember in our stunning Garden Marquee. The beautiful Botanical Gardens and Woodlands offer the most perfect back-drop for what will become the most memorable day of your lives. A dream setting, coupled with outstanding food and service, for you and your guest to enjoy. The Old Vicarage is Licensed for Ceremonies, in our beautiful Orangery and outside Summer House. We are here to work with you, our dedicated Wedding Co-Ordinators will be on hand from beginning to end, ensuring stress- free preparations. offering you the utmost in flexibility and attention to detail, each Wedding is tailored to your specification. Co-ordinate with our Cordon Bleu Chef to create an enticing Menu. We enjoy what we do and look forward to working alongside you to create the Wedding of your dreams!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Awful Sunday Lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

A Sunday lunch to avoid. Cold meat; rock hard potatoes; no gravy; ghastly vegetables and a management who are too superior to the clients to apologise. I was offered a complimentary coffee by a confused waitress. Management were present but seemed to deem us unworthy of a decent apology. This is Christchurch where there are many fine restaurants and pubs with polite staff and management. The Old Vicarage needs to learn for their example.

Visited February 2014
6 Thank Richard S

Poole, United Kingdom
“Dream Wedding Day - Perfect Venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have just returned from our Honeymoon, and have finally had the time to write about our wonderful wedding day!

We had our wedding ceremony in the Orangery at The Old Vicarage. The room looked stunning, and lots of guests commented on what an unusual room it was, with the high ceilings - full of light - surrounded by garden.

The Wedding Co-ordinator is so lovely. On hand through out the day, with all fine details under control. It was great to not have to worry about thing, everything flowed really well.

Being a November wedding, we were nervous about the weather on the day. Raining in the morning, it soon brightened up by afternoon. Perfect for photos with backdrops of autumn leaves.

We held the whole vent in the Main House with Exclusive Use. Lots of our friends thought it was so unusual to have the whole place to ourselves.

For our Wedding Breakfast we had designed our own Menu, having 3 Courses of the most gorgeous food. All of the dishes were presented beautifully.

We took out all 6 bedrooms for our friends and family. Each room is beautifully furnished, just wish I could make my house look like this place!
The following morning we were presented with a large breakfast table laid up for our 11 Guests in The Orangery. We had a great morning catching up n the day before - with our hangovers!

I originally discovered this Venue, and my Husband was delighted with the relaxed atmosphere, down to the fact it is family-run with people who really care. It was fabulous to find somewhere unique and most importantly somewhere which lots of guests had never been to before, making it even more special & individual.

Thank you to everyone at The Old Vicarage

Mr & Mrs Stevens x

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Melanie S
New Milton, United Kingdom
“'Almost' perfect Sunday Roast...some minor adjustments needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My partner and I moved from London to New Milton in August, and being lovers of a traditional Sunday roast, we were thrilled to find this fabulous establishment close-by. On our initial visit the roast was served as a carvery, much to our delight as we prefer to choose what goes on our plate. The meat was tender, the potatoes perfectly crisp (surprisingly difficult to find in most establishments) and the selection of vegetables plentiful and delicious. Having grown weary of bland and mediocre Sunday roasts served in so many pubs/restaurants, we resolved to make The Old Vicarage our regular haunt. What a find!

We returned a few weeks later, disappointed to discover the carvery had been replaced by a plated serving, yet happy with the quality and quantity of the food. I did, however, have an issue with the way it was served. The meat was tender as before, and the potatoes were lovely and crisp, yet they were served with a very watery cauliflower cheese which left the potatoes soggy on the bottom. The gravy and other vegetables were served separately. In my humble opinion, it would have been wise to serve the cauliflower cheese in a separate dish, to avoid drenching other items on the plate. Better still, improve the recipe to achieve a richer, thicker sauce.

I gave my feedback to the Management via their website, however never received a response so not sure if my comments were noted. I'm due to return for Sunday lunch soon with friends, so hopefully these minor improvements have been made. Only then can I recommend this is as the perfect Sunday Roast, deserved of the top rating.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TeamChickla
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Some good some not”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My daughters wedding was a great day at the vicarage and their are so many good things to say but I could say as many things they need to address quickly, £15 for s childs breakfast!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DaveukMills
TheOldVicarageHinton, Manager at The Old Vicarage, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review.

I was surprised to see that you had been charged £15 for a childs Breakfast.

This must have been a mistake, as we do not charge £15 for children's Breakfast

Could you please kindly contact me on 01425 277006, at your earliest convenience. I would like to refund the full £15 to you.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience & look forward to hearing from you soon

Kindest regards

Laura Arnold
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Had a wonderful day recently for my Daughter's wedding.

The weather was very kind to us considering the dreadful forecast.

The food was very good and served hot the rooms very clean and comfortable and a good choice for breakfast.

A lot of work was done by the staff which was much appreaciated and contributed to making it a wonderful day.

If they manage to get the improvements they are trying to do agreed by the council they will make an already wonderful location into an even better one, we had many comments from guests on the day regarding how lovely the location is.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your kind review.

All of us at The Old Vicarage really enjoyed your daughters special day!

I am pleased to hear that you were happy with everything.

Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly adding to our Venue. We are currently obtaining planning permission for an outdoor pavilion so that we can host Ceremonies in the Gardens.

We hope to see you again soon

Best regards