Lord Bute Hotel
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotels.com
The Kings Arms(Christchurch)
US$153
US$136
Agoda.com
US$316
US$277
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$133
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$95
Travelodge Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$64
Travelodge
    Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
    US$105
    Captain's Club Hotel(Christchurch)
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    All reviewsgarden suitejazz eveningwedding receptionlive jazzwednesday nightamazing weddinglovely hotelfirst classspecial occasionsmall hotelthe main hotelbridal suitethree coursesboutique hotelbusy roadwedding venuenew forest
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 12 October 2009

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this very pleasent hotel. I have no complaints about anything to do with the hotel itself. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the large double rooms which was very nicely decorated and exceptionally clean, the bathroom was a nice size and again very clean. We ate in the restaurant both nights and on both occasions the food was excellent and good value.
    The only issue with the hotel is it's location on a busy road, it is very noisy. If I were to stay there again I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
    Apart from that I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a clean and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 October 2009

Stayed on their '3 nights for 2' deal whch requires you to have a meal in the restraunt on one evening. That worked out great as we booked in for the Jazz Evening. The combo were called Lemongrove. Very professional and the meal at £24 excellent value.

The larger rooms ( a bit more cash) well worth it.
    Pub /restraunt next door excellent (if a bit pricey) and a local pub 500yards away bargain meals and value drinks.
    Visit the castle next door and have a walk to Mudiford.
    Breakfast - well I've travelled round a bit and take it from me if you've had better than this you could be called Beckham.
    All in all a great experience. I somtimes say to our lass, 'lets go back there' and rarely do . Wev wil be going back next year and will make sure it includes a Jazz Evening.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 14 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night for my birthday and I was not disappointed. We were welcomed to the hotel and taken straight to our room (large ensuite) which was lovely. Huge bed and reasonable sized bathroom with a spa bath. We dined in the restaurant, the food was delicious and the service was excellent.

All in all a great hotel that I would highly recommend.

This is a very similar review to all the others on the site, but I wanted to share my thoughts as well.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 10 July 2009

Well what can we say. Had a fabulous time at the Lord Bute. We managed to book a table for the Jazz Night (Wednesdays) which we thoroughly enjoyed in fact the food was so deliciously wonderfully and the staff so friendly and helpful that we opted to dine in each of the nights of our stay. We can't praise the restaurant enough the staff make the atmosphere so special. The breakfasts were equally tasty and they now have a menu for breakfast so disregard the previous comment.

The rooms were as comfortable as we remembered them. The only small comment I would make is that the maid service this year was a little erratic there were a few omissions but nothing that would put us off returning or giving the Lord Bute a top score.

For us the location is superb but we have resisted giving the highest score for this as some would seem to find the road running past a drawback. For us, however this was not a problem and we loved being about to walk down through the grounds of HIghcliffe and onto the beach. Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 29 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here on 27 June for our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. This was our third visit and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Lovely room, huge bathroom, king size bed, spa bath, upmarket toiletries, flat screen TV, air con. Everything you could want! We had dinner in the restaurant. My husband had crab to start and I had a wonderful goats cheese and spinach souffle. We both had beef wellington for our main course. I'd love to comment on the sweet, but we were much too full! In the past I've had fantastic creme brulee there and my husband has the cheese board - about half a pound of assorted cheeses and biscuits. It really was excellent. The service was efficient and friendly. The breakfast on Sunday was lovely. Choice of cereals or mixed fruit and yoghurt, full English, loads of toast and excellent coffee.This hotel is perfect for a romantice get a way. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple