“Rip off cup of tea!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Rip off cup of tea!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited the Tea Rooms on 5th July and ordered a pot of tea for two, cost £3.80 not to costly for a decent cuppa you may think, but wait we had one small tea pot with two tea bags in and a very small jug of milk. We both had one cup of tea and that was it, there wasn't even enough for one of us to have a second cup, what a rip oof, won't be re visiting this Tea Room

• Visited July 2014

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great service and high-quality food, despite being very busy. Typical inflated tourist prices, but given the location this is to be expected.

They also do great ice creams!

Would have been 5 stars but for the price.

• Visited September 2013
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“If ever there was a reason for holidaying abroad this place is it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I stopped by the Old Mill Tea Rooms for a coffee and a bite to eat on Friday 7th June just before midday. I ordered coffee for myself and my wife with cream. Also to eat my wife ordered the Scone with Cream and Jam and I ordered what was detailed as the large Cornish Pastie. The coffee was served to me but there was no cream, also the Scone was given to me there and then with a dish with Cream and a dish with Jam. I was told my Cornish Pasty would be a few minutes being heated. I sat down with my wife on a table outside the Tea Rooms and waited for my pasty. In the meantime my wife started to Jam and Cream her Scone and noticed it was crumbly which happens when they are a few days old. After 10 minutes my pasty had still not arrived so I went in to enquire upon which the Pasty was brought from the kitchen where it had obviously been waiting for a while to be taken to me. What struck me was that the so called Large Pasty was one of the smallest I have seen and could in no way be described as Large. So there you have it the main reason why on a lovely sunny day you should be enjoying the sun abroad. Primarily because the cost for our Coffee without cream, the very stale Scone and my ridiculously small Pasty came at a price over £11. My advice to anyone is that you have to be desperate to want to be ripped off by these people who are typical of so many looking to make a fast buck with no care about customers as they have so many one timers that value and good service is the last thing on their minds.
upon telling our server about the dreadful food on offer she said she would tell management, a fat lot of good that would do or in fact did when you have those same people serving up such poor value and stale food.

• Visited June 2013