“Dinner for 4”
Review of The Globe Inn

The Globe Inn
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve up delicious dishes full of seasonal flavour and a variety of drinks including local cask ales, and all of your bottled favourites. So come along, make yourself at home, and let Chris and the team look after you.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having booked a table, and then read the reviews we were very apprehensive, but we all enjoyed the evening, and the food was a complement to the chef. Staff were very friendly, and nothing seem to be too much trouble - Thanks for a pleasant evening, especially as we were staying with friends in the area

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A really great experience for our grandkids, Oh and their parents,!! he menu was fantastic, I would like to mention the Lasagne, It was superb, Our grandson had a BURGER and didn't know weather to eat it or climb it !!
The steaks were great and the service was really good and cheerful (that does matter) the order was changed and changed again kids couldn't make up their minds !!! But we were dealt with a lovely smiling face waitress, All in all we had a wonderful meal and we would love to recommend The Globe. Bob & Sylvia Owens, New Milton, & grand kids from Bicester, Oxon

1  Thank bobowens38
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I, like many others had booked into Premier Inn and decided to try The Globe Inn for dinner. After being directed to a table and left, I should have left there, however I went to the bar to order a meal (the restaurant was full). The starter (salt and pepper prawns) came quickly and was OK, nothing special. We waited for the main course for 40 mins and as I was queuing to complain I saw a waiter with my order, he did not apologise for its late arrival. I wondered why my salmon had cheese on it, I tasted it and realised that it was a separated bearnaise sauce...yuck, the salmon was so overcooked it bounced...I believe that it was microwaved. I returned it to the bar and was refunded after refusing the offer of another meal. I was given a apology from a staff member who seemed to take such requests as business as usual. I left to get some fish and chips from a local takeaway Daniel's, which were very welcome after a very disappointing meal.

1  Thank Marcella V
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed at the Premier Inn was as good as usual. My partner and I were looking forward to eating at the restaurant as we've used it many times when staying in Highcliffe.
To our dismay what a let down this so called revamp has been, on the first night it took over one and half hours to order and eat our main course and three hours to eat the entire meal.
We were charged for drinks that were not right, the quality of the food and level of service was superior when it was a table table .
The standard and presentation of one of the main meals ordered was unacceptable and returned to the kitchen for a replacement.
The place looks amazing but you don't eat the decor.

1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We received an invitation to the opening of the revamped Globe we booked on line and received confirmation. When we arrived we stood around at the reception for a good number of minutes before we were acknowledged even though there were three people behind the bar. When I said we had booked they had no record of the booking but showed us to a table. We were given menus but after 10 minutes of sitting there without anyone serving us we walked out unchallenged. We had been told that there would be a new menu sadly this was the old one in a different form.. It was obvious they could not cope. We go in there on a regular basis and there were a lot of new faces and some were struggling with serving tables in a timely manner. There were other people who came in and said they had booked but they had no record of the booking.

It is all very well doing a revamp and rebrand but it is up to the management to make sure that runs smoothly and is a success. I would class tonight as a disaster for the pub and the next time we go if it is no better we will look elsewhere as there are some very good eateries in the area.

Suggest you get the old staff back as they could cope and were efficient

2  Thank John B