“£24 quid for 4 snacks!!!!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
bath
“£24 quid for 4 snacks!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

My Son, Grandson, Husband & I popped in to Avonmouth Bakery for a hot drink before a chilly walk on the beach. We ordered 3 coffees and a tea, then decided we had the munchies so ordered a breakfast bap (sausage, bacon egg), a pasty, a ham baguette (we asked for no butter or garnish) & a sausage roll. My Son insisted on paying so it wasn't till he sat down looking shocked I asked how much £24!!!!! That's £6:00 a head and my sausage roll was warmed in a microwave so had soggy pastry and tasted of sage & onion, no meaty taste at all. To say we were shocked and disappointed is an understatement - no wonder the Wetherspoons of this world are a success. We could have had a roast dinner with a drink for the same money! Very disappointed and won't be going again, but felt incensed enough to write a review.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jillybugBath

Hampshire, UK
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We popped in here after a cold walk along the harbour. The range of home-baked cakes is astounding - I challenge anyone to not find something here to their taste. I had gingerbread (made with pieces of stem ginger) and my husband had a rock cake: both were delicious. We each had a cappuccino, which were easily to the standard of the large coffee chains. The service was warm & friendly - highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Feeling hungry and enjoy a good brekkie look no further. Very tasty, good value breakfast. Always busy but worth the wait for a table if you have to.

Visited August 2012