“Open 7 days a week”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Hayes, United Kingdom
“Open 7 days a week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

My wife and I drove past this lovely cafe on a very wet Sunday lunchtime and were attracted by the pretty poppy tablecloths on the tables outside. Once inside we were delighted with the decor and the warm welcome given by the owners. The interior is beautifully decorated with a stunning large Art Deco mirror in pride of place on the left hand wall. There is a mouth-watering selection of homemade cakes together with a large variety of loaves, rolls, hot pies, and a separate cabinet full of locally made jams. There are plenty of tables and chairs with free newspapers and magazines to read. The food and drink selection was amazing and very reasonably priced. The whole cafe area was spotlessly clean as were the toilets. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. We had a Cappuccino coffee, a cold drink and shared a slice of cake with cherries on the top which was scrumptious. We enjoyed our visit immensely, but will come back on a hot day and sit at the lovely tables outside. We purchased a jar of local Raspberry and Apple Extra Jam, which we have now tried at home and is delicious.

• Visited May 2013

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Fab bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This bakery has the best bread I have ever eaten. Far more tasty than the supermarkets. Friendly people and also very good coffee.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank helen s
Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good coffee and cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

A truly nice experience all-round. The coffee is good and the cakes are of a good quality and we will definitely go back again.

• Visited April 2013
bath
“£24 quid for 4 snacks!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

My Son, Grandson, Husband & I popped in to Avonmouth Bakery for a hot drink before a chilly walk on the beach. We ordered 3 coffees and a tea, then decided we had the munchies so ordered a breakfast bap (sausage, bacon egg), a pasty, a ham baguette (we asked for no butter or garnish) & a sausage roll. My Son insisted on paying so it wasn't till he sat down looking shocked I asked how much £24!!!!! That's £6:00 a head and my sausage roll was warmed in a microwave so had soggy pastry and tasted of sage & onion, no meaty taste at all. To say we were shocked and disappointed is an understatement - no wonder the Wetherspoons of this world are a success. We could have had a roast dinner with a drink for the same money! Very disappointed and won't be going again, but felt incensed enough to write a review.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jillybugBath
Hampshire, UK
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We popped in here after a cold walk along the harbour. The range of home-baked cakes is astounding - I challenge anyone to not find something here to their taste. I had gingerbread (made with pieces of stem ginger) and my husband had a rock cake: both were delicious. We each had a cappuccino, which were easily to the standard of the large coffee chains. The service was warm & friendly - highly recommended.

Visited January 2013