“Really good family meal”

Beefeater The Somerford
Ranked #43 of 159 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We like the Somerford - we've eaten there a number of times whilst holidaying, most recently in May. The restaurant, service and food has always been good. As with all Beefeaters, the top tip is to stick with steak and you won't go far wrong. Portion sizes are usually generous. By the way, you can still get refills of chips even though they don't advertise this anymore.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been another day at this restaurant and we have been served by Samantha. We should admit this restaurant really benefits from having a friendly and professional member of staff like her. Nothing is a problem for her, she is always there to help.

We will be back again

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Waited half an hour for table . Once seated waited 30 mins for starters one started brought without the other ,waited another 40 mins for mains nothing arrived . Was told 6 ounce steak was fat and needed extra cooking and that they had several big tables In, how fat can a six ounce steak be and as for the tables they had plenty of staff on . Left without getting our main meals . Will never return

1  Thank price152
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

OMG ! What a shambles !! 45 mins for a slice of garlic bread to arrive ( burnt ) ! , another 30 mins later being told my 6 oz steak was taking a long time to cook !! Needed slicing in half after a while I gave up waiting told there was a table of 25 in taking up the time !! More than 6 staff waiting on tables !! If they couldn't cope why not say , never ever eating ( or not as the case was ) again ! Only 1 star because I have to , to submit a review

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Lovely atmosphere. Had a great 3 course meal for a reasonable price. I altered my main course and the staff was happy to accommodate. Helpful and quick service.