“Not good if you need a gluten free diet”

Table Table Bailey Bridge
Ranked #63 of 162 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were staying at the Premier Inn next door so popped in for an evening meal.

My husband has recently needed to change to a gluten free diet, this is one of the more difficult places to find something suitable for him to eat. Sadly, there was a very limited choice for him.

Pleasant service.

Jorge B, Manager at Table Table Bailey Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review for your recent visit to Bailey Bridge. Our aim is to serve up great memories for all of our guests. Its great to hear that you really enjoyed the service…. We will ensure your comments are shared with all of our team. With regards to Glutten Free diet we have a range of products that you can choose, just ask one of the management team and we will bring you the Allergy Guide. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention guest feedback is invaluable to us as it helps us improve our offering to ensure we always get it right.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went with grandchildren for their great offer of 2 courses for £1.99 before 5pn Monday to Friday. Service ok and food not bad either, especially considering the cost. Beers all good and place relatively clean and tidy. One major problem was one set of male toilets was disgusting and the other set was sadly not much better. I know it's sad that others leave them in this terrible state but surely they should be regularly inspected. Not great when you have to take little ones into the loo. Should do better as actually spoiled a not bad visit up to that point.

Thank you for your review for your recent visit to Bailey Bridge. Our aim is to serve up great memories for all of our guests. Its great to hear that you really enjoyed your visit. We will ensure your comments are shared with all of our team. With regards to cleanliness of the toilets we try to make sure that they are inspect regullary, thank you for bringing these points to our attention guest feedback is invaluable to us as it helps us improve our offering to ensure we always get it right.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a table for 9 people on a Saturday afternoon for a family meal, we waited 25 mins for our already booked table despite the restaurant being pretty much empty! The service was very slow, we never received our second order of drinks and part of our mains were forgotten and brought out after everyone had finished, although they did deduct this from the bill for us. Some ordered burgers which to be fair did say was lovely, however those of us that ordered hunters chicken were less than impressed, small portions, luke warm and bland would be a fair description.
The pudding were also not great, the “Crownie” is certainly not as described on the menu however the children’s ice creams looked lovely!
The ladies toilets in the bar need a major clean! The smell was so bad I thought I had walked into a men’s urinal in a spit and polish bar!! Not good at all....
I think if you pulled in for a quick bite then this restaurant would suffice but for an organised get together I wouldn’t recommend.

Thank you for taking the time to review on your experience at Bailey Bridge. It is our aim to ensure all of our guests enjoy our restaurant and we are sincerely sorry to hear of your disappointment around your experience.
Could you please contact one of our management team on 01202485215 to discuss the matter further and rectify the problems you encountered.

Once again thank you for your review the feedback we receive is invaluable in helping us to improve our offering to ensure we always get it right. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were staying at the Premier Inn next to this restaurant and we had never visited a Table Table before. It looked like a good alternative to the usual Beefeater restaurant so we had high expectations. How wrong we were as the service and food on our first night were awful. Slow service and food that was tasteless such as the lasagne I had which only had proper sauce at one end and it was tasteless.

My wife's Paprika Chicken was also bland and the fries were so hard that she couldn't pick them up with her fork. Service was slow and the staff were obviously running around like headless chickens trying to serve everyone as there were clearly too few servers.

Breakfast the next morning was terrible. The server couldn't understand English properly and got my cooked breakfast order wrong. The food was not good as the eggs were overcooked with hard yolks and the sausages tasted strange.

We decided to travel across town and eat at the Beefeater at Christchurch East the next evening and had a good meal with friendly, efficient service I'm glad to say. We did toy with the idea of going to the Beefeater for breakfast but decided to give the Table Table another try. I wish we hadn't!

Not only did I have to ask for my breakfast twice but we saw guests that arrived after us served first and I eventually told the server to cancel the order. As we were getting up to leave the server appeared with a plate with the wrong order on it and we just left. I refused to pay for the non-breakfast I received and no manager was available for me to speak to. Avoid this place!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bailey Bridge.
At Bailey Bridge it is our aim to have all our guests leave us having enjoyed their visit and we are sincerely sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on your last visit. We would ask that you contact one of our managers on 01202485215, to give us a chance to rectify the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Warm food. Stringy steak. Service good. Nice atmosphere but food very mediocre and steak on platter uncuttable

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bailey Bridge.