The hotel itself:
The Room (Upside) - A good size, clean, sparsely furnished, comfortable bed and pillows relaxing decor.
(Downside)- Unclear fire instructions on back of door. (Leave by nearest exit!!!. Imagine a smoke filled corridor, emergency lights obscured etc. Simple floor plan with route marked would help negate the vague instructions)
Bathroom (Upside)- Adequate size, grab handles on bath, everything there you need.
(Downside)- High sided bath for stepping into. Grab handles on bath sides, but not a higher level one for the shower. VERY sharp corner of the toilet cistern cabinet intrudes into the shower end of the bath. Lethal if you fell. No non slip mat for the shower. None slip surface in the bath is useless. 4 stars out of 5
The Somerford (Beef Eater attached to the hotel)
Decor and Atmosphere-----. An aquired taste. Mainly dark brown or green decor with striped carpets and squared cloth coverings on most of the chairs. Lighting was subdued, TV's and fruit machines in the bars (don't you just love em?) 3 stars out of 5
The restaurant. Similar decor to the bar.
Food and service over three days------ First breakfast was a disaster. Virtually an empty restaurant. Food took 20 minutes to arrive from placing order. Cool food, cold plate, bacon that was leather. From other tables, one person walked out, two others sent their food back. That was the last time we had breakfast there.
First evening meal ----- Mothers Day. took over an hour to get into the restaurant. Waitress got my wifes order wrong. Quality was OK, but evening spoilt.
Second and third evening meal.------- A total transformation. Rapid service, excellent food, almost befitting of an establishment many more times as expensive. Overall 4stars out of 5 (could have been 5stars)
Saved till the last, but by no means. ALL THE STAFF. ------- Friendly, courteous, chatty (but not intrusive) polite and extremely helpful. I could add more, but I think you get my point. Well done everyone. You saved the day. 5 stars PLUS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handy for Highcliffe Castle, Christchurch Harbour and the natural wonders of the New Forest, Only 8 miles from Bournemouth airport. Local attractions include the famous Priory church, Highcliffe Castle, the New Forest and beaches. Conveniently located for Christchurch train station, local shops and amenities and Christchurch town centre. Our Christchurch (East) hotel has everything you'd expect, Including our new, modern rooms with comfy Hypnos beds and our Orange Cow Beefeater restaurant next door serving freshly cooked meals ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Christchurch East Hotel Christchurch
- Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel Dorset