This was our second attempt at staying here,Hoping it couldn't be as bad as the first attempt last Oct but we were proved wrong,It was worse!
I booked a twin room online & phoned the hotel directly to request that it be a disabled twin,Upon arrival we found our room had an extremely low double divan bed & a pop up z-bed! No larger than a child size!
Entering the room was interesting as it smelt like we had just entered an old peoples home,The bathroom with a sliding door that was in danger of falling off was very roomy with a low bath & all the rails etc needed for disabilities.
We complained about the smell & the receptionist came to investigate,putting on a good show of not being able to smell anything! But offered to bring some air freshener anyway! We were made to feel as if we were imagining it but Friends visiting us later that evening could also smell it & commented on how strong it was so we were definately not imagining it! The smell cleared a lot after using the air freshener so my Mom decided to have a bath,They do not have bath mats in the rooms & she slipped and fell,It wasn't serious but we found out when we were leaving that the mats are kept behind reception for guests to ask for! But this is not advertised anywhere....The room had alot of scuffs on the wall and some rather bad rips through the curtains when pulled shut!
We were close to reception,next to a fire door that banged against the wall everytime someone walked through it! Outside our window was the car park,The windows did nothing to shut out the sounds,They advertise windows that shut out the sounds etc but apparantly that doesn't extend to this premier inn! The walls in this place are so thin we could hear conversations and TV from down the coridoor too! The linen was clean but unfortunately premier inn do not seem to think it equally important to clean duvets or pillows as well as these smelt really dirty! I could only find one pillow from four that was okay to sleep on and that was after I sprayed it with perfume! The bed was very low and extremely soft so it was not comfortable at all,With my disabilities effecting my back and legs,I did not get more than an hours sleep and struggled to get up from the bed in the morning, We had a different receptionist in the morning who refunded my money instantly so at least I haven't had to pay for such a bad experience... I think I can honestly say that we won't be back to try the third time lucky theory!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a gem of a spot, close to the wonderful Dorset World Heritage Coast, at the Premier Inn Hotel Christchurch West. A great find whether you're on the hunt for business deals or just a few days away. With a wealth of waterside treasures within minutes, you could be messing about on the river, harbour or sea. Or if you prefer the greens and great outdoors, polish your swing at Ferndown or Parley or head for the peace and quiet of the New Forest. Then, when it's time to turn in, set a course for our great restaurant and extra-comfy beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel Christchurch
- Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel Dorset