“I'm too young for an old peoples home just yet!!!”

Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Christchurch
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“I'm too young for an old peoples home just yet!!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our second attempt at staying here,Hoping it couldn't be as bad as the first attempt last Oct but we were proved wrong,It was worse!
I booked a twin room online & phoned the hotel directly to request that it be a disabled twin,Upon arrival we found our room had an extremely low double divan bed & a pop up z-bed! No larger than a child size!
Entering the room was interesting as it smelt like we had just entered an old peoples home,The bathroom with a sliding door that was in danger of falling off was very roomy with a low bath & all the rails etc needed for disabilities.
We complained about the smell & the receptionist came to investigate,putting on a good show of not being able to smell anything! But offered to bring some air freshener anyway! We were made to feel as if we were imagining it but Friends visiting us later that evening could also smell it & commented on how strong it was so we were definately not imagining it! The smell cleared a lot after using the air freshener so my Mom decided to have a bath,They do not have bath mats in the rooms & she slipped and fell,It wasn't serious but we found out when we were leaving that the mats are kept behind reception for guests to ask for! But this is not advertised anywhere....The room had alot of scuffs on the wall and some rather bad rips through the curtains when pulled shut!
We were close to reception,next to a fire door that banged against the wall everytime someone walked through it! Outside our window was the car park,The windows did nothing to shut out the sounds,They advertise windows that shut out the sounds etc but apparantly that doesn't extend to this premier inn! The walls in this place are so thin we could hear conversations and TV from down the coridoor too! The linen was clean but unfortunately premier inn do not seem to think it equally important to clean duvets or pillows as well as these smelt really dirty! I could only find one pillow from four that was okay to sleep on and that was after I sprayed it with perfume! The bed was very low and extremely soft so it was not comfortable at all,With my disabilities effecting my back and legs,I did not get more than an hours sleep and struggled to get up from the bed in the morning, We had a different receptionist in the morning who refunded my money instantly so at least I haven't had to pay for such a bad experience... I think I can honestly say that we won't be back to try the third time lucky theory!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this Premier Inn for a couple of nights. Was given a room on the top floor, cant remember the number, on entering the room noticed a funny smell, that was nothing to the mould that was on the ceiling. Went back to reception to inform them of the mould and we would like another room which we were given but felt like the receptionist did not believe us, she said that she was told that the room had been cleaned and she would go and look at it herself, we said the mould had just not appeared. She gave us a new key, did not give any further information as to which floor the room was on and which way to go. 645am the following morning, had to use the bathroom only to find only 3 sheets of toilet roll so another visit to reception. Apart from the receptionist checking us in the staff were lovely, have stayed in many Premier Inns but dont think I would stay at this one again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue A
Neil B, Manager at Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your recent comments on your stay at Christchurch west Premier Inn
I and very sad to here that it was not the best experience you have had with Premier Inn and I would like to talk to you further about the issues. Please contact me at PITL.christchurchwest@whitbread.com

Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Excellent product and value for money. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and quiet. The in-room Tea/coffee facility was great after arriving late. A perfect night's sleep. Well done Premier Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Neil B, Manager at Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for commenting on your stay at Christchurch West Premier Inn, the team and myself are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nothing particularly outstanding here, just the usual clean, comfortable and well-appointed room that you expect fro Premier Inn. Everything works, you sleep well, and it's pretty reasonable value for money for what you get.

One thing standing out here though was the friendliness of the staff on the reception - always a cheery greeting and a conversation with a smile when we were arriving at, or leaving, the hotel. Small gestures of course, but appreciated, makes people feel welcome at what can be quite an impersonal chain given it's size. They genuinely seemed to care that people staying there were happy.

Convenient for Christchurch rail station, just a 5 minute walk, and the main town centre is no more than a 10 minute walk. You can walk to Southbourne beach from here in about 1/2 hour - 40 minutes, so all in all a good base for seeing a lovely part of Dorset.

Room Tip: You might be better asking for a room at the back if you like an open window at night but get distur...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jfre70562
Neil B, Manager at Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your comments on your stay at Christchurch West Premier Inn,
All the team and myself are very glad you have enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff very friendly.

We hope to see you again soon.
England
Reviewed 7 March 2014

As you would expect from a premier inn.Clean and comfy,great beds and friendly staff.Table Table restaurant next door is very good and the breakfast there is excellent.Christchurch is a beautiful place for a chilled out weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for commenting on your stay at Christchurch West
Premier Inn, My self and the team are very glad that you enjoyed your
Stay and we hope to see you again soon.
London
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The room was large and clean, having used Premier Inn before, was somewhat disappointed. I found the heating didn't work well, it kept returning to the default setting. Really cold night and merely wrapped myself in extra clothing - the staff did say I could of had an extra duvet when I mentioned in the morning, but I was so tired and cold, I didn't want to get up! Staff were friendly and did apologise.

I wouldn't want to stay more than one night - good location to everything, my main reason for staying there, but I think I would like to go nearer the sea and pay the same price next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for commenting on your stay at Christchurch West
Premier Inn, I am sorry to hear you had difficulty with the heating controls in your
Room. Please be assured that we have now checked all heaters and they are now working to the correct standard, I am very sorry that this issue disappointed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon.
bosham sussex
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We spent Valentines here as the weather was so bad we had to abandon our static caravan in Highcliffe. The staff were very helpful and room very comfy and quiet. We have stayed at Premier Inns in the past but this is one of the best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for commenting on your stay at Christchurch West Premier Inn,
My self and all the team are very glad you enjoyed your stay, even in the bad weather and we hope to see you again in soon.