Staying with friends who lived in the area we decided to visit The Captain's Club Hotel for a coffee and a light lunch.Our friends were also intending to check out the spa's facilities and book a couple of days for a family member as a relaxing birthday present.
Unfortunately we only made it as far as the coffee....honestly the worst coffee I've had in a very long time. We sat outside on the deck to enjoy the view (the person responsible for designing the pretentious 70's inspired duty free lounge interior needs shooting) and waited for some service. After 15 minutes and still no menu, not even a nod or a smile from a waitress and it wasn't busy, I found a couple of menus myself and asked if we could order some drinks. The cappucchino appeared with all-the-life-kicked-out-of-it foam, the two Americanos were insipid and cold and my flat white was a dull grey. I asked if they could do me another only to be told they didn't have the right milk! The latte I ordered as a compromise was also a dull grey but a larger version. All of them tasted like dish water.
No...we didn't order any lunch. No....we didn't bother loking at the spa. And NO....we won't be going back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset