This is our third stay here but will now be our last. It's expensive for what they are offering. Service and general standards have slipped. For example, in the small spa they offer - the shower in the spa area is knackered. No ones bothered to fix it.
My meal in the evening - whilst the rump steak was excellent quality, the vegetables were drowned in butter and had no flavour. My girlfriend reported her meal was very good though. The mini desserts were very good.
Worst thing was breakfast where they seemed to be catering for a large group and put on a hot buffet for everyone forgetting their individual guests. I mean what happened to breakfast to order? Seriously at these prices they are charging?! This is more the thing I expect at a cheap 2 star. It's a shame as their fruit was very nice and freshly squeezed juice. But the whole experience at breakfast was very loud and chaotic. They seemed to be targeting large groups of people now. I later found out that the reason they had a hot buffet was due to groups and not wanting to affect service for other people - sorry not acceptable! The previous two occasions we have had breakfast to order as I would expect at any hotel of this standard. My girlfriend also ordered coffee and as the coffee arrived, her cup was taken away! Also had to ask for toast. Restaurant and breakfast needs much better organisation.
My last comment concerns room cleaning. Not particularly pleasant to walk down the corridor to breakfast and literally walking through trolley after trolley of cleaning materials.
Unfortunately, we won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset