We spent this weekend at The Captain's Club and couldn't recommend it more highly. From the minute we arrived until we left the staff were amazing -so attentive, helpful and smiley. We stayed in a suite which was lovely, very chic but also comfortable, it had every mod con you could wish for including a dishwasher! The view from the suite was incredible, so picturesque - boats and swans, we spent ages just watching the world go by. There is a lovely terrace where you can sit and have drinks also overlooking the river. We took the ferry from right outside the hotel to the other side of the river ( 2 minutes!) and then walked for about 50 minutes to the beach, which is beautfful and sandy. In the evening we had cocktails at the buzzing bar, Tomo the mixologist (cocktail maker) made us some fab cocktails! Good quality food with plenty of choice and beautifully served. We liked the use of local producers like the breakfast cereal provider from Dorset. We didn't make it to the spa but we looked in and will definately go during our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset