My boyfriend and I stayed at the Captain's Club after being let down rather badly by our previously booked accommodation (seriously, the last thing you want after a flight from Australia to London, then train to Christchurch is to find no-one at the office and the phone disconnected...). We caught a lovely lady who works at this hotel on her way to her car, and she called the reception on her mobile - they booked us in, no problems, for quite a reasonable rate (compared to their usual rate anyway - this place is not cheap, though it is worth every penny!).
I could not fault our room in any way - lovely comfy bed and pillows, nice view of the river, tastefully & stylishly decorated, fabulous deep bath. The staff are so welcoming and attentive, but not too attentive. We didn't have lunch or dinner in the restaurant but breakfast featured the best omelette I've ever had. I can't recommend this hotel enough - if you get the chance to stay here, do it - you will not regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset