We enjoyed a 2 day break January 2009. Managed to get a superb deal, a special ‘birthday offer’ which meant we didn’t pay very much for the room, although had to eat in the restaurant each night. The review is a little late….
Christchurch is a lovely little town in Dorset and the Captains Club is a modern hotel in a superb location on the river.
The room was one of the biggest we have ever stayed in. Modern in design with browns and creams decor with a fantastic view (wall to ceiling windows) of the river.
Excellent clean modern room
The hotel has a leisure complex, although we didn’t use it so can’t comment.
Breakfast wasn’t included in our room rate and not being a big breakfast person we gave it a miss.
The restaurant was well decorated and had a lovely atmosphere. Food both evenings in the restaurant was…..fantastic! Couldn’t fault anything and the service was superb, we found the staff friendly and not at all pretentious (which unfortunately is so often the case in quality restaurants). The first night we ordered from the a la carte, although the second night there was also a £25 set 3 course menu – excellent value!
We ate twice (both lunchtimes) at Sabai Thai – good value set menu at £6.95. Probably the best Thai we have eaten…ever! If we stayed here again, we would definitely go for the evening meal.
Lost of good walking nearby although Christchurch itself was very buy in the day.
Overall, superb modern hotel where would happily stay again….and again…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset