Having been to Captains Club purely for social gatherings in the past, I thought we would spend a night in the hotel and have dinner at the acclaimed restaurant.
Managed to pick up a last minute offer on a double room and was delighted to find upon check-in, that we had been upgraded to a stunning 2 bedroom suite ! This suite was bigger than some of my friends flats ! Double bedroom with huge wardrobes, 2 bathrooms, one with a massive walk in shower, 2nd single bedroom (incase you fall out with your other half !!) fully equipped modern kitchen and huge lounge with river views. They had even just had Sky Tv installed too. A real home from home and very comfortable.
After enjoying our surroundings we got changed and went down to the very lively bar for a pre-dinner drink. Very helpful and knowledgeable bar staff. The maitre'd then approached us with the menu for the night so we could peruse over our drinks before heading into the restaurant. Again, he was very knowledgeable and was giving us the lowdown on each dish on the menu. What a great idea.
We then headed into the restaurant and had a most delicious 3 course meal. Very attentive service, stunning food and great atmosphere.
A few more drinks in the bar afterwards and back to our luxury suite to retire.
Next morning we had breakfast delivered to our room (you just pay the £5 tray charge on top of the room rate which included breakfast) and again, was simply delicious and a great start to the day, a great end to a wonderful stay.
Will be back again very soon !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset