We regularly stay in hotels throughout the UK and Europe and I can truly say that the Captains Club Experience raises the bar to a whole different level and is way above many of the 5 star hotels that we have stayed in. What set them apart from every other hotel in the area was the outstanding staff and the wonderful setting. The service is unparalleled; the rooms/suites are modern, large and very comfortable with outstanding views across the river. The location cannot be beaten and all the rooms seem to have river views.
Directly outside the hotel are some wonderful river walks, or if you prefer you could take one of the many boat rides up or down the river. The hotel is the perfect retreat to have a relaxing or romantic break. Christchurch town and the Priory is within walking distance of the hotel with it designer shops and independent quirky tea rooms. The food in the hotel is exceptional, we decided to eat in the hotel several times over the weekend both in the beautiful restaurant and in the bar where on the Sunday afternoon we listened to a great jazz duo this really was a special occasion and once again all the staff seemed to go that extra mile to ensure we really enjoyed our stay.
We were there over a weekend and every single member of staff that we met from the porter through to the manager, and everyone in-between was top notch in every way. There is nothing these guys won't do to make your stay the best experience ever.
People who stood out... Tim and Robert and Sarah...and I could go on. They truly make you feel like family. They will spoil you and you will never want to stay anywhere else. You will not want to go home and you will book to go back again.
There was a wedding party on the Saturday which we really enjoyed watching, what a perfect setting, the hotel General Manager Tim seemed to go that extra mile to ensure that the Bride and Groom and all of their guests were enjoying ever minute and that everything went smoothly, it really was, a beautiful day for the Bride and I’m sure she will remember it for the rest of her life.
So much so that we have since been in touch with Tim and booked to have our daughters wedding held at the Captains Club next September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star luxury hotel and spa in Christchurch, Dorset. Overlooking the river Stour and located in the historic town of Christchurch, Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is a small independent luxury hotel with a nautical twist. The hotel features 12 two and three bedroom luxury suites, each with separate lounge/living areas, and a selection of hotel rooms. Captain’s Club Hotel & Spa is home to one of the best bars in Christchurch with award-winning mixologist and Bar Manager, Tommo, at its helm. They also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant, event facilities for up to 100, and a spa complete with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and treatment rooms. All accommodation and event spaces face out onto the River Stour so no matter what you are travelling to Captain’s Club for, you are guaranteed a beautiful view. The alfresco dining terrace is open all summer and provides the perfect location to soak up the atmosphere of life on the river. This Christchurch hotel is family-friendly and rooms/suites are dog-friendly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Captain's Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Hotel Christchurch
- The Captains Hotel
- Captain's Club Hotel Christchurch, Dorset