“A hidden gem in Christchurch”
Review of La Mamma

La Mamma
Ranked #40 of 150 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in Christchurch”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went for dinner here with my other half's father and wife on her recommendation. We were seated well away from the entrance and were made welcome from the beginning, despite being slightly late. I personally had three courses bit I wasn't the only one. I started with king prawns in garlic (shell on), I was provided with a finger bowl and the prawns were delicious. Accompanied with bread and butter and a small side salad and lemon. My partner had soup and his step mum had bruschetta, I have never seen bruschetta that big before. For mains we had steak diane, spag bol, a pizza and I had the veal in a creamy white wine and garlic sauce with mushrooms. The veal was delicious there were 3 or 4 slices in just the right amount of sauce and accompanied with roasted sliced potatoes and courgettes and swede and carrot mash, DELICIOUS!!! I still had room for dessert which was homemade profiteroles. The choux pastry was fresh, it cracked slightly when I broke it with the spoon and they (4) were filled with fresh cream and warm chocolate sauce MMMMMMM!!!!!! An absolute must visit when visiting the area. Extremely good value under £130.00 for everything including two bottles of wine!!!

• Visited April 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Perfect fish dinner”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Went here on a Friday night, was fairly busy but was accommodated straight away without a reservation.

Had mussels special and calamari for starters, both cooked perfectly and full of flavour.

Main we both opted for whole baked seabass which did not disappoint, flaked off the bone with ease and was beautifully moist and flavoursome.

Service was great too, definitely recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Lovely Italian”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Was on business in Christchurch and gave this little independent Italian a go instead of the usual hotel or chains. It did not disappoint, food was excellent especially the homemade profiteroles. Nice wine and reasonably priced. The location is a little out of town but well the walk.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went for my sons birthday.

Very good meal, main course I had the Lasagna £9.95, very good and a nice thick portion.

Second visit to this restaurant and was not disappointed on our first visit a few years ago.

• Visited March 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great meal and a great time had”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

What a great night, the food was delicious and authenticaly Italian. The atmosphere is perfect to enjoy a lovely meal and is child friendly. It was exactly what we came out for. Highly recommended. We can't wait for our next visit. Will try the lunch £5.95 menu next time in town.
The service was also excellant and came with a smile and friendly conversation.

All in all a great place to go if either as a family, party or as a romantic date for two.

• Visited March 2014