Bear Hotel
US$103
US$112
US$102
Priceline
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
US$133
Priceline
Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel(Chippenham)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$196
US$321
US$237
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This is a run down old pub.

The bedroom is clean and freshly painted however room no 2 is up several flights of steep narrow stairs. There is no lift.

We did an about turn and did not stay, forfeiting our room cost of UKPDS 80. We went to the Premier Inn with a sense of relief.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gmgilchrist
Reviewed 3 August 2011

my stay at the bear was the most enjoyable i have ever had. the landlord an landlady made my family most welcome. the room was fantastic all mod cons. this hotel is one that i will be recommending to all my friends and family

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank wey23
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We always stay here when we visit Chippenham annually in April. This year it was in new hands again! It has undergone renovation over the past 12 months. We had our usual large room, which had been re-arranged, but it was as comfortable & well appointed as ever. Tea, coffee & hot chocolate making facilities together with a good selection of sweet biscuits were provided in the room & the bathroom toiletries were of a good quality. The large bath/shower provided ample well heated water, the towels were sumptuous & the large four poster bed extremely comfortable. The new hosts are charming, efficient & extremely friendly, & if you can eat all the provided cooked breakfast you have an excellent appetite! The location of the Inn is perfect. Cannot be too highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spentbrothers
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed at this pub/B&B in March as a last minute.

The proprietor was very helpful in discussing parking etc.

When I arrived, although I was on the top floor with many steps, the lady of the house kindly carried my luggage to the room.

I asked about food, and was pointed in the direction of local eateries. On my return,
as I was tired, I went straight to bed, after asking for a very early breakfast.

The bed was SO comfortable that I fell straight asleep and even overslept as I only woke at the time I asked for my breakfast!

Lovely breakfact exactly as I wanted.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay! Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank suew0103
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This hotel has recently changed hands (November 2010 I think) and is clearly a work in progress. Downstairs is still looking shabby but my room was freshly painted and well furnished. The only downsides were: the bathroom radiator did not work ( I would have complained but had already pointed out that the bedroom was cold - the landlord went away to turn on the heating and also brought up a convector heater); there was no hairdryer; there was no information of any kind in the room, not even the times of breakfast. There were, however, two large cuddly teddy bears! The best thing of all was the cooked breakfast: this was prepared freshly and was one of the best I have ever had anywhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo