“Lived up to expectations”
Review of The Gladstone Arms

The Gladstone Arms
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bar/Restaurant with beautiful secluded beer garden in the centre of Chippenham serving lunches and evening meals. Award winning Sunday lunch
Chippenham
“Lived up to expectations”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Looking for somewhere different to eat locally we checked out trip advisor & we were not disappointed .My husband had steak & it has been a long time since he had eaten such a good steak ,I had the veggie option which was delicious we had puds but I think our next visit we will share !! .highly recommend .

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food and Service”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My partner was staying on buisness locally and I went up to visit him, so we decided to eat out, I had noticed this place, and as it was within walking distance from the hotel we decided to give it a try. Given it was a week night I was impressed at the number of reservations. Indeed, we ate early but when we were leaving, the resturaunt was filling up.
I thought the meals were reasonably priced, for a 'pub' meal. Indeed for the quantity and the quality of the food they were extremely good value for money. The meals were very well presented, extremely flavoursome, and my partner's steak was very tender (almost melt in the mouth). The portions were generous. We didn't eat pudding as we're simply not pudding people.
The bottle of wine we had was also very nice and reasonably priced.
The service was prompt, polite and very friendly, without being intrusive. The atmosphere in the restaurant area was lovely, and we had a lovely romantic meal together. The only thing I could say was that it would have been a bit more romantic if the tables were more private; but I don't consider this a fault as then they would have been less well suited to large parties.
This was probably my second best resturaunt meal on quality. For value for money; probably my the best I've ever had.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant fresh food”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have visited the Gladstone on a number of occasions and every time the food has been delicious. It is obviously freshly cooked as sometimes takes a while to arrive, but well worth waiting for. There is a great atmosphere in the bar, the staff are friendly and it is clean.

Wiltshire
“Food was fabulous!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A group of girls went to celebrate my baby shower. The staff were lovely, very accommodating. The quality of the food absolutely surpassed our expectations:-) will definitely recommend and go again.

“Simply Superb!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the Gladstone Arms whilst staying in Chippenham for work. We were a party of five, and despite being busy they seated us straight away. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding.

So good that we agreed unanimously that we would eat there the following night. Service was a little slower on the Friday night but honestly the food was wonderful.

Starters £6/7/8 range, main courses from around £10 to about £17, our bills averaged out at £25/head including drinks.