“Wonderfully friendly”

Red Box Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
Red Box Guest House
Ranked #8 of 29 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona
“Wonderfully friendly”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Julie Ann Barrows was so kind and helpful to me, from picking me up at the train station to giving me lots of excellent advice on how to visit Avebury and other sites in the area. Reasonable priced and excellent breakfast with eggs from her own lovely chickens. Hope to be back someday.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I enjoyed my overnight stay at the red box bed and breakfast, I slept like a log.
Julie Ann was very helpful and offered information about the area we were visiting printing off a map and she even drew a horse on it, explaining where we would get a good view of the downs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed here twice over two weekends. Julie Ann made us feel at home even after a long journey. Rooms are very well decorated and confortable. Breakfeast is hunge for the cost. Will be staying again as got family near by.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Getting a four day break as the Social Director of the 2011 Pigeye Jackson tour, a chaotic maelstrom to say the least, I found the Red Box to be the best ever B and B. It's quiet, cozy and so comfy. Julie-Anne is most accommodating with help on maps, directions, recommendations and even a quiet pause on the patio. The water is unforgettable, and the breakfast (I was told since my doc doesn't want me to eat it) was remarkable. She is one of the most agreeable people you could ever meet and a delight to talk to. She even showed up to the Pigeye Jackson performance on Fri. night with two wonderful friends to see what the commotion was all about. I needed the rest and respite and I got it. If I'd wanted, I could have jumped into the Tardis to travel time--would have done if Freema would have been there to help. Bed was comfy, water was delicious and the appointments in the room were complete. For the money, the best ever. I wouldn't have survived Pigeye's irrasible behaviour had it not been for this rest. Superb.

Room Tip: All appear to be excellent
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank aftatum
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I have stayed at the Red Box Guest House twice now and look forward to returning next year. The breakfast is excellent, the rooms are clean and comfortable and Julie-ann is unfailiingly welcoming and helpful. Unfortunately for me my trip coincided with a very painful bad back and Julie-ann could not have been kinder or more sympathetic - she even tied my shoelaces for me in the morning when I simply couldn't reach them!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Small B&B in a modern estate house on the Calne side of Chippenham. Takes a bit of effort to find but the red pillar box is a good landmark and Julie Ann is very helpful with directions into town and back, and with anything else you could possiby want from a B&B.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The first surprise is that the guest house is in a very quiet location on a residential estate and therefore not like a B&B at all. You feel as though you are entering someone's home, which in fact you are. Julie-ann runs this business because she enjoys meeting new people and gets satisfaction from making them feel comfortable and welcome. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room provided everything one would expect, The breakfast menu was huge and as the hens are in the garden, you know you will get fresh eggs. The only downside is that you have to share the bathroom, but I can't imagine that this would prove a problem with just three bedrooms and a maximum of four guests.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
#3 of 8 in Chippenham
London Road Garden Annex
London Road Garden Annex
#2 of 29 in Chippenham

Been to Red Box Guest House? Share your experiences!