Red Box Guest House
US$150
Hotels.com
The Cowsheds(Chippenham)
US$126
Avon Lodge B&B(Sutton Benger)
US$110
US$107
US$48
Travelodge
US$87
TripAdvisor
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjulie annhome from homehousing estatemueslicomfortable guest housetwin bed roomlovely breakfast in the morningwarm welcomeexcellent value for moneyaccommodationprovisionensuite
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is a great place to stay for both short and longer breaks. I've been staying a couple of nights a week for the last month or so as I was working in the area. Julie-ann is a welcoming host, the rooms are spotlessly clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast, delicious!

Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Having never stayed at a B&B before & booking from New Zealand I was unsure of what to expect but I was not dissapointed...Faultless..Room was modern,very clean & cosy..Julie-Ann was friendly,accomodating & very helpful,so much so I extended my stay from 3 weeks to over 4 weeks & when I left it was like leaving home...If you are looking for somwhere to stay in Chippenham / Wiltshire for whatever reason you cant go wrong with the Red Box Guest House..Thank you Julie-Ann I will be back next year..Cheers Chris

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in October 2012. It's an excellent base for visiting Lacock,Avebury, Castle Combe and many other places of interest. Julie-ann was a font of knowledge about the local area as well as being very helpful and accommodating. Room very clean and comfortable and breakfast excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I would recommend the Red Box.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My sister and me stayed 4 nights at Red Box Guest House in the middle of September 2012. It´s a perfect starting point for excursions to Bath, Stonehenge, Avebury and the Cotswolds.

The proprietor Julie-ann made our vacation unforgettable: We had a quiet, tastefully furnished and modern double room with a view over her nice garden with a walk-in cupboard. The room was perfectly equipped with an electric kettle, coffee, tea, bath robes, free Wi-Fi, TV, an adaptor plug (!) and a lot of towels. The shared bathroom and an extra guest restroom offered shower gel, shampoo and hand lotion. Everything was perfectly clean!

The breakfast was delicious: every morning we could choose from the menu a wide choice of tasty dishes. Full English, cereals, toast with different spreads and if desired a continental or vegetarian breakfast too. Of course we had every morning eggs from Julie-ann´s hens and the delicate local bacon! ;-)

Exploring the area around was very easy: only a two-minutes walk to the bus station (Chippenham and Bath) and perhaps 5 minutes to walk to next supermarket, pub and cash machine. Plenty of information available on places to visit in the area and great individual tips from Julie-ann.

Our hired car parked safely off-street in front of the house and we had a very special service: we are not used to drive on the left side with the wheel on "the wrong side" and parking was nearly impossible for us... No problem, Julie-ann turned around the car and parked it every evening that leaving next morning was very comfortable :-)

I highly recommend this wonderful B&B to everyone! We had a wonderful holiday in Wiltshire and will come back. Thank you, Julie-ann - I really felt at home!
All the best from Germany, Steffi

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steffi Z
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Faultless. Very clean and comfortable. Owner very nice. House was very nicely decorated and room was very good with everything at hand.I would recommend a visit its good value and will be returning when in the area again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends