“Refurbished La Flambe at Sutton Benger”

La Flambe Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We have been established in the small market town of Malmesbury since 1986 and moved to our current location in the historic village of Sutton Benger in 2002. The building dates back to 1726 and was built by the grandfather of Joseph Fry, the founder of 'Fry's Chocolate'. The main focus of our food is French cuisine with Spanish and Italian influences throughout the menu. Our menu also includes fresh fish, English and Scotch beef steaks, and a traditional Sunday lunch.
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Second time back to the La flambe since its refurbishment in July, but could not access the Trip Advisor site to report after our first visit due to computer problems. Outside more attractive with new seating, hanging baskets and signage. Inside is more spacious (open plan) and lighter with back wall and fireplace sand-blasted for better effect. Service is as good as ever but any new staff do take a little time to settle in. Food was excellent with new starter menus and my roast beef, roast potatoes and gravy were superb. You cannot complain about the quality, quantity or value for money. Mark the Front-of-House Manager is very attentive and appears to be everwhere. We have always been satisfied on everyone of our visits. We have booked for Christmas lunch and 2012 it will be our 8th or 9th time. I even liked the coffee from the new machine. The La flambe is one of the best five restaurants (in the area) for Sunday lunches so do not be put-off by other peoples comments and suggest you go and make up your own mind. I do not take any notice of comments made by people who hide behind nom-de-plumes.
Donald Keighly
Calne

2  Thank Donald K

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We've visited La Flambé several times although this was the first time we've been on a saturday. The food as always was exceptional and the new decor is fitting to the environment. My only complaint was that due to the number of people dining on Saturday night it impacts on the service. We had our starters before our wine had arrived and were waiting ages for the bill, however the food came out promptly. The menu and choices are great but I don't think I would dine on a Saturday night again.

1  Thank Annabel S
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The restaurant has had a refurbishment since we last went and although I have reviewed this restaurant before, I felt it well commenting again as it really is so good. On our visit today, we enjoyed a Sunday lunch. Piping hot plates and delicious food all beautifully presented by friendly waiting staff rally makes for a great meal out. My husband had beef and I chose the belly pork, both tender and very tasty. I love it that both roast and dauphinoise potatoes are served alongside a beautiful selection of perfectly cooked vegetables.

The recent refurbishment has made a fantastic venue even nicer to visit.

Book with confidence.

R & A L

Reviewed 26 August 2012

A second chance to impress after a bad experience about 3 weeks ago. Sunday lunch today. Complaint made, voucher offered and accepted. Expecting better service after complaint. Wrong!. Does this Restaurant want to stay in business? Rude, loud and scruffy Bar Staff. Untrained Waiting Staff. Good food, prepared well. Let down by horrendous service. Don't think there will be a third chance! What a shame.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is probably the best food for miles around. Having dined here on many occasions I cannot understand the few poor reviews. I have never been disappointed with the menues or service and look forward to going any time.
The renovations and improvements have put the restaurant on a new level.

1  Thank Leonard V