“The Restaurant”

The Foxham Inn
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything about the restaurant was excellent - ambiance, staff, menu and food. My son-in-law has allergies related to gluten, dairy produce and nuts so he asked which items on the menu would be OK for him. The astounding reply was "just choose whatever you fancy and the chef will prepare the dishes to meet your needs." OK, so it took about half an hour to prepare - but hey!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Taken by friends to celebrate a birthday. We arrived to find The restaurant alive with happy diners enjoying a fantastic Spanish Tapas evening.We were seated at once and a wonderful array of expertly presented dishes came swiftly to our table.We were lucky enough to be seated where we could watch the master and his sous chef working ,which was a joy in its self.
The service was excellent,the food splendid and we shall certainly book ourselves in again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Since my wife, Rita died in Bath Hospital last October I have found it difficult to go-out for mid week lunch but last Wednesday I decided to re-visit the Foxham Inn, nr Chippenham. On arriving at the Inn the car park was full and on entering, was informed by Sarah that a Probus meeting had taken over the main restaurant but no problem so I parked myself in the bar and selected from the extensive menu. The starter was tasty and the main course was excellent, with sticky toffee pudding and coffee to finish the meal I was well satisfied. This is one of my favourite restaurants and Sarah always makes me very welcome. You will not be unhappy with the menu choice or quality of food and the value is par for the course. The Foxham Inn offers limited accommodation and listening to the comments is enjoyed by anyone staying there.

1  Thank Donald K
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed , by chance , overnight on our way to New Forest . We were treated to an exceptional meal by a top class chef . I noticed that they had one star AA rosette for food . Rooms were cosy and very clean . We retuned to the Foxham on our way home and found that the reception was exactly the same and the menu was marvellous . Couldn't fault anything .

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Well above average pub dining with an interesting selection of largely 'local' dishes (although we were a bit nonplussed to be offered some exotic whitebait).
Presentation of the food leaned towards 'nouvelle cuisine' (as opposed to traditional 'English') and none of the dishes disappointed.
Our wine was not of an equal standard to the food and the list was more typical of an English pub, similarly the dining room was sparsely furnished and seemed little more than an extension of the bar area. Arguably providing more 'authenticity to its providing 'pub dining'. Overall well worth a visit but perhaps try a local beer with the food.