New Road Guest House
US$110
Bear Hotel(Chippenham)
US$70
Travelocity
Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel(Chippenham)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$123
Travelocity
US$196
Agoda.com
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bwould stay againshower roomtea and coffee making facilitiesnice stayproprietor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great location in the centre of Chippenham, and an excellent choice to stay whether it be business or pleasure. The room was very clean and comfortable which was a pleasure to stay in. An outstanding family run guest house, who made you feel at home and welcome as soon as you stepped through the door. I would definitely recommend this guest house to somebody wishing value for money, and a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2011

After spending a month at the New Road Guest House, I feel as if I'm leaving family as I return home. The Abercrombies are wonderful innkeepers who welcome travelers with the greatest hospitality and always give extra thoughtful care to their guests. Waking up to a delicious, cooked-to-order, proper English breakfast with fresh hot tea was such a irresistible incentive for getting up each morning. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the staff is cheerful, kind, and personable. The location is perfect for walking to the High Street and the Brit Rail station. A bus stop is located directly across the street from the guest house. It is a perfect location as a hub for visiting area sites, such as Stonehenge, Bath, Salisbury Cathedral, and the Cheddar Caves. After being pampered for a month, it is very hard to leave.

Room Tip: Call early for reservations.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I stayed with a group of friends for a weekend away and the owners were fantasticly helpful with organizing the rooms, they were wonderful at breakfast the next morning and we all felt very looked after. fantastic rooms for the money and we were all so pleased with the location. I would stay here again in a flash.

Room Tip: main house rooms are better than coach house ones.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We first stayed here in the July 2010 and loved it, it is easy to find, great parking facilites, lovely garden, its in a very sunny spot. We stayed in the room in the annex in the summer which was not en-suite but suited us fine it was very quiet and had everything we needed. We stayed again this month but this time in the main house which we were looking forward to. The rooms are large in size, light and airy, comfortable beds, great en-suite bathrooms, tea/coffee, large flat screen TV, nice breakfast, friendly owners. Brilliant location a few minutes walk in to town. The only drawback with staying in the main house in a room at the front was the noise from the road and from the pub opposite (on a saturday night). Apart from that we had a lovely stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We were thrilled with the short walk to the New Road Guest House, particularly since I had to meet my friend on the last train. The hosts were very kind that I needed to let myself out and back in so late. The room was large and I thought the addition of modern amenities to the beautiful old house was much more graceful than in some other places I’ve stayed. We stayed at Chippenham because it was much cheaper than Bath Spa, and we didn’t find anything in Bath Spa available that allowed me to get my friend without two late night taxi rides. I think it’s a great place to see Bath Spa from because the train connection is a single stop and a 15 minute ride – letting you soak up Bath, but relax in the much calmer Chippenham.

It was also a great place to use as a base for seeing other parts of Wiltshire – we made it easily to Lacocke with its beautiful abbey by bus. The bus station is a ten minute walk from the guest house through what I think is the old center of Chippenham. Along that walk we found pubs, restaurants, shops, the Tourist Information Center, the River Avon (with fabulous swans) and many interesting old buidlings. The hosts were great and really interested in making sure our stay was smooth. They let us use the dining room in the afternoon to work on our laptops, had a great library, ensured we had bus and train schedules worked out, kept our bags while ran around prior to our evening train back into London (great train schedules), and were generally delightful and helpful hosts. There was even a drying rack on the radiator in the room!

If you’re a US traveler, old places with beautiful character do not have the predictability of a cookie cutter hotel. The Internet access was good both in our room and in the dining area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends