“Welcoming B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
New Road Guest House
Ranked #4 of 28 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Welcoming B&B”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Sue welcomed me with her friendly smile and showed me to my usual room in the Cottage, a very comfortable single room with a wash basin and tea making facilities. The bathroom is shared with the guests of two other rooms in the Cottage. The excellent full English breakfasts were served by Sue's husband Lawrie with his customary friendly patter and, yes, Sue had remembered that I like English mustard and Lawrie proudly presented me with a new jar. Before I left I booked in for next year. I would not stay anywhere else in Chippenham

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed in many B&B's during my career and this is one of those that ticks all of my boxes. I dont normally leave reviews but, I enjoyed my stay that much I feel it is the least I can do in return for the friendly service and a comfortable bed. There was a great selection at breakfast, although I only took advantage of the cooked variety which was clean and had well sourced ingredients. If i work in Chippenham again I know where I will be asking my manager to book.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Easy to book and pay online.
Warm welcome and room ready. Free wifi and tea/coffee in room. Back door with access code so I could come and go as U pleased. Comfortable bed and modern TV. En-suite has electric shower. Breakfast provided a massive range of cereals, toast and cooked plus fruit juices. Will definitely be going back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Mr and Mrs Abercrombie were the hosts with the most!!! A very clean, comfortable, friendly and warm guesthouse. We were made to feel most welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay very friendly lovely and warm after being out in the cold all day. We went there to go to bath christmas market, what a perfect location the train station is just two minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome, room 1.. Twin with en-suite. Tea/coffee. Quilt on the the bed was very thin, summer quilt I would think,didn't matter as the heating was on all night so nice and cozy. The en-suite is bijou to say the least, the shower(no bath) had plenty of power but the water was coming out of everywhere apart from where it was supposed to, new shower head a must. towels in the room have seen better days, The cooked breakfast was nice (wouldn't bother with the sausage next time, no taste) plenty of cereals to chose from, plenty of parking, would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Saywhatisee
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Smashing place to lay your head in Chippenham - New Road Guest House is great value for money; the breakfast was hearty and very welcome after a great night's sleep in comfy, well equipped rooms. Highly recommended :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TGillings
NRGH-Chippenham, Owner at New Road Guest House, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for your comments, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I know my husband and mother in law enjoyed meeting you and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
Guyers House Hotel
Guyers House Hotel
#1 of 4 in Corsham

Been to New Road Guest House? Share your experiences!