“Ideal location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
New Road Guest House
Ranked #5 of 29 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Neath, United Kingdom
“Ideal location.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were warmly welcomed by Sue and Laurie mother who made sure that we were settled in to our comfortable and fresh room in 'The Cottage'. The room was perfect with tea and coffee making facilities T.V and the bathroom conveniently next door. Nothing was too much trouble. The B&B is ideally located to explore many places of interest in Wiltshire such as Lacock and Castle Combe and is only a short walk away from Chippenham City centre. Our full English Breakfast was hearty and delicious, with an excellent choice of cereals and jams to accompany fresh toast. We will definitely be returning to this warm and welcoming guest house in the future to explore more of beautiful Wiltshire.

Room Tip: Cottage rooms are located at the back of the B&B and are quiet with a view of the garden. There...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the New Road B&B for 5 weeks while on a work placement. The room and ensuite were always very clean and comfortable, the central location was handy at only a 5 minute walk from the city centre and 2 minutes away from a small Tesco. Due to my long stay the only thing that would've made it even better would have been having access to a microwave in the main house as I had to walk to the outhouse across the garden, but there was a fridge outside my room which was really convenient. Sue and Laurie are very nice people and happy to help with anything they can. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Sue welcomed me with her friendly smile and showed me to my usual room in the Cottage, a very comfortable single room with a wash basin and tea making facilities. The bathroom is shared with the guests of two other rooms in the Cottage. The excellent full English breakfasts were served by Sue's husband Lawrie with his customary friendly patter and, yes, Sue had remembered that I like English mustard and Lawrie proudly presented me with a new jar. Before I left I booked in for next year. I would not stay anywhere else in Chippenham

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed in many B&B's during my career and this is one of those that ticks all of my boxes. I dont normally leave reviews but, I enjoyed my stay that much I feel it is the least I can do in return for the friendly service and a comfortable bed. There was a great selection at breakfast, although I only took advantage of the cooked variety which was clean and had well sourced ingredients. If i work in Chippenham again I know where I will be asking my manager to book.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Easy to book and pay online.
Warm welcome and room ready. Free wifi and tea/coffee in room. Back door with access code so I could come and go as U pleased. Comfortable bed and modern TV. En-suite has electric shower. Breakfast provided a massive range of cereals, toast and cooked plus fruit juices. Will definitely be going back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Mr and Mrs Abercrombie were the hosts with the most!!! A very clean, comfortable, friendly and warm guesthouse. We were made to feel most welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay very friendly lovely and warm after being out in the cold all day. We went there to go to bath christmas market, what a perfect location the train station is just two minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
Diana Lodge B And B
Diana Lodge B And B
#20 of 29 in Chippenham

Been to New Road Guest House? Share your experiences!