“What's not to like?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
New Road Guest House
Ranked #8 of 30 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights recently and found it clean, comfortable, and excellent value for money, with friendly hosts and a really good breakfast. A small private car park too, which is often a rarity these days. Couldn't believe how conveniently situated it was, only about 5 minutes walk into town, and even less to the railway station. One day we decided to take the train to Bath, and arrived there less than half an hour after leaving the guest house - brilliant.
Only slight niggle was that I couldn't seem to connect to the wi-fi, but I wasn't that bothered about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blue_Belles25

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the New Road Guest House, which is overseen by a friendly, helpful landlady. Rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean, but still reasonably priced -- especially in light of the fact that one also gets free wifi and a tasty and very substantial breakfast. The location is especially good: about 5 minutes walk from the train station, 2 minutes away from a Tesco Express, and not more than about 10 minutes walk from the shops and restaurants of the High Street. I would return without hesitation if my travels bring me back to Chippenham!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The New Road Guest House became my home for 5 weeks whilst on a work placement in Chippenham. I was made to feel at home from day 1 - Sue was always about to greet me and made me feel at ease right away. I had no problems at all throughout my entire stay but I know if I did Sue would have done her best to resolve it.

I stayed in 2 different rooms in the main house - both were very good. Comfy beds, good shower & plenty of storage for clothes etc, everything you would need & expect in a B&B! There is a shared fridge, microwave & iron/board available to all guests which was very handy.

Breakfast is cooked to order and I received a speedy service every day, even when busy. There is also toast, a varied selection of popular cereals, fruit & orange juice. I am a vegetarian and was pleased to see some yummy Linda McCartney veggie sausages on the menu as well as the meat options. Lovely breakfast every day :)

The location of the B&B is handy to the centre of Chippenham and there is a Tesco Express just a 2 minute walk away. There are plenty of take aways, pubs, restaurants, shops and a leisure centre / swimming pool nearby.

I was in bed & up early every day and noise was never an issue. Rooms were well cleaned each day.

Thank you for a wonderful stay, I would recommend this B&B :)

Room Tip: Main house probably nicer that the coach house (however I didn't stay in there so I don't re...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for one night in a twin room in July 2014. The room was very clean and simple. The decor wasn't fancy but looked good and was everything I needed. The free wifi and good flat screen TV was very welcome. The shower was a little less powerful than I would have liked.

Breakfast was excellent, a combination of cereals, fruit, yoghurt and cooked food, with great tea and coffee.

The hosts were kind and welcoming and very flexible with check-in and check-out times. Our room was ready well before the official check-in because we needed to get ready for a wedding.

Overall, this is a great place to stay for a short visit and it is exceptionally good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a last minute booking for a friends wedding. Booked last room they had available so aware I was in a twin with shared bathroom.
I arrived earlier than check in but was politely shown to room and able to enter early. Nice and close to railway station and quick walk into town.
Room was small but spotless and sharing a bathroom did not cause any problems.
Beautiful breakfast in the morning and a very chilled out feeling.
Would definitely use again ( but ensuite that time)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent accommadation and a very warm welcome. Also the breakfast was first class. Highly recommended. The bedrooms are comfortable and have everything you would need. The price is very reasonable and I would definitely stay here again. Thanks very much.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Warm welcome by Sue and Lawrie. Comfortable room with great tea and coffee making facilities and a great breakfast. Very accommodating B&B and ideally located to explore local area and further afield.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family