“Good Function & Event Facilities”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Angel Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 112 Restaurants in Chippenham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently attended a funeral reception at The Angel and was very impressed with the way the hotel handled the occasion.
The buffet was beautifully done and the staff attentive and mindful of the occasion.
The events organiser obviously knew what they were doing.

There are newer reviews for The Angel Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I visit The Angel fairly frequently, having relatives in Chippenham and always enjoy lunch or a snack. Prices a little above average (especially the wine) but the atmosphere makes up for this. However, as one of our family members now has mobility problems and uses a scooter, we are experiencing the "snags" in The Angel! Ramps available from the car park but this is where it ends......reception staff have to open a side gate to let you in and out if you enter from the front. I know this is an older building but there is enough room to make some adaptations and as this is one of the town's best venues (in my opinion!), I'd like to see Best Western going the extra mile.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I visited the angel for lunch with one other person. Service was fine however I was very surprised when I ordered a chicken ceaser salad and all I could taste was a very strong fish flavour. I know ceaser dressing sometimes includes anchovies but when I eat a piece of chicken and can taste no chicken at all, only fish, there's far too much anchovy in there! I couldn't eat much as it was so so overpowering. I am extremely surprised that it doesn't mention anchovies on the menu if there is going to be so much in it! I was also rather surprised when I mentioned it to the waitress and she didn't even apologise, just chuckled as if it didn't matter. I paid for everything even though I hardly ate any so was rather annoyed to not receive any sort of apology. I hope it was just a one off accident. Would still return but definitely won't be ordering that again!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just been for a lazy Sunday Roast amazing, we took a very nice 2 hours, Soup of the day, better than my wife makes and she agreed lol Tomato and Basil
Roast Beef lush,and Bread & Butter pudding with custard,Ten out of Ten
Staff great
Best Sunday Lunch we have had for years and a great price 3 courses £12-95
Will be back very soon :-)

Reviewed 15 September 2013

It was very quiet at the restaurant and service was good. Food was very nice. A little expensive overall but worth it for some peace and quiet.