“Great welcome and great food”
Review of Wellesley Arms

Wellesley Arms
Ranked #24 of 116 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited The Wellesley Arms in Sutton Benger today(02/08/14).
The food we ate was fantastic, home made cottage pie and home made faggots. So much food cooked perfectly and such a reasonable price. Will definitely make the effort to go again.

1  Thank David B

Reviewed 30 July 2014

From London on the way to Cornwall we exited the motorway to find a "pit stop". We saw a little sign on the roundabout for a local pub not too far away.

Following the sign to what looked like the middle of nowhere we saw we arrived at the The Wellesley Arms.

We ordered a round of drinks and three burgers just in time before last lunchtime orders. We were hungry, and just as well. It was a fab burger. Fresh bread and salad and the largest burger ever, with chips!!

The food was fresh and plentiful. The pub was clean and the locals and staff friendly. I am glad we happened to chance getting off when we did. I hope I go this way again soon and would definitely go out of my way to stop there again.

2  Thank sunseekernina
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just moved into the area and passed the Wellesley Arms on our way through Sutton Benger. Went back on a Friday night but even though it was busy the service was great, the food really good value and well presented. Only 3 miles from Junction 17 of the M4 and worth a 10 minute drive, highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent food. Large portions. Great play area for kids. Friendly and prompt service. Not too pricey.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited on a Wednesday night, we were one of only 3 tables eating and were really disappointed with the food. My steak which I asked for medium was past the point of well done and for £18 it should be right. The peas were so over cooked they were grey and the mushrooms were tasteless. I'm a chef myself and would be ashamed to serve food like this. However my friend said the pie was very nice.

As for the service it was okay, not too friendly girl on the bar obviously didn't want to be there barely said 2 words during the whole time.

Won't be returning