Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
US$114
US$110
Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel(Chippenham)(Great Value!)
US$94
Agoda.com
US$114
US$109
Travelocity
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsswimming poololder partcar parklovely hotelmain buildingmiddle of towngood sizeleisure facilitiesold buildingcentral locationfull englishhigh streetcooked breakfastreception deskno liftroom was largeevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed with my family (three boys aged 5, 8 and 11) on a Saturday night recently. We had a really enjoyable stay, breakfast being a highlight.

Sadly we found that we had a flat tyre when we checked out but a member of the hotel staff came to our rescue and helped to change the tyre, in the rain! This was service above and beyond the call of duty for which we were very very grateful.

Would recommend the hotel to anyone without hesitation.

Jared

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We decided on a weekend away for my wife's birthday and we can thoroughly recommend this hotel. The rooms are spread across three areas, the front original part which is in the pedestrianised Market Square, rooms along one side of the court yard area and the newer block next to the hotel car park. We were in the latter block in room 305 on the second floor and this was an excellent room. We didn't book a superior room but it might as well as been. When we go there again we will specify a ground floor room as it does suffer slightly from not having a lift. The reception, bar and restaurant were located in the front section and the staff were all very helpful and courteous. The menu selection was excellent and we were spoilt for choice. The wine list was also excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stay just the one night last minute due to a breakdown.
Lady on reception (from Bodmin) sorry cant remember her name help me get a room, taking into consideration my circumstances.
Room was clean and tidy.
As it was late I didn't use any facilities but a nice atmosphere around the hotel.
Breakfast had a nice selection and the staff were friendly again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The hotel was great. We stayed for 10 days and it was always very clean. The staff were very attentive and polite. The breakfast buffet was good, although on occasion it could have done with being replenished. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at the Angel a few days for the last 6 months and thought it would be a good idea to record my impressions.

Best bits: The hotel is in a great location, has lovely decor and the staff are fantastic. There is free wifi which is great when travelling for business. The showers are great, beds comfy and rooms are a good size. There is also free parking. You can also use the gym and pool for free.

Things to improve: the menu is in need of updating as for the price I would expect a higher quality. The rooms can get cold as there is no air conditioning/heating, something to address this (particularly in the new annexe) would be good. Finally having to take the case up and downstairs was a bit cumbersome again in the new part a lift would help!

The hotel has a lovely character to it, I think it's from 1700s, and the owners seem to have worked to preserve this. the staff are a delight and respond very well to requests and feedback, they go the extra mile to provide a personal service. The times I have stayed at the Angel have been very comfortable and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012