“Fantastic night out”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was the first time we had taken our kids out for a sit down curry.
The menu choice was great with the kids milder tastes being given careful consideration whist myself the adults had plenty of spicier choices.
The food tasted great and drinks reasonably priced.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Always an excellent meal served by attentive staff. Portion are always generous and they are always willing to prepare dishes that are not on the menu.

1  Thank JacquiB1107
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Always a great Indian at the Taj, whether its in the restaurant or a take away. Staff very friendly and service is efficient with fantastic food

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I’ve been using the Taj Mahal ever since it first opened 25 years ago (in 1987). Although I’ve since moved out of the area, my wife and I visit Chippenham 3-4 times a year and we still thoroughly enjoy a meal here.

Looking at the other reviews it is clear that everyone has differing expectations as no restaurant can be ‘good’, ‘average’ and ‘poor’ at the same time! I cannot say that it’s definitely the best Indian in Chippenham because there’s one I’ve never tried, but what I can say is that it’s our favourite and the best out of all those that we have eaten at. It’s always met our expectations, we’ve never had a poor meal or bad service, and we’ve always come away feeling totally satisfied. The range of dishes is good and there’s one or two that I’ve never found anywhere else (one of which is a favourite of ours).

I visit Indian restaurants all over the country and while occasionally you find one that is unquestionably better, the Taj Mahal is, as far as we are concerned, above average in all respects.

If someone has a poor experience here then they’ve either picked a really bad day or their expectations are just too far off the mark as I’ve never had anything other than good service and good value-for-money food for 25 years!

Well done Taj Mahal for delivering 25 years of pleasure!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Having just had a take away from this restaurant I would advise anyone not to do the same! It was truly dreadful. The started were ok but cold. The main meals were dreadful. Lamb balti was swimming in grease with very little flavour. The matter paneer was clearly made with cheddar as it is had just melted into one big mess. The sides lacked taste and were also very greasy. The garlic nann had very little garlic. Please don't go here.