The Jolly Huntsman Bed and Breakfast
US$174
US$148
Priceline
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
US$128
US$175
US$149
US$247
US$229
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubvery nice stayevening meallovely roomtea and coffee facilitiesdouble bedfree wififamily roomplenty of parkingone night stayhelenkingtonlandladycucumberbath
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed on a friday night, arriving at 6pm and leaving the next day and to sum up my experience of the Jolly Huntsman was excellent. Helen who I dealt with was helpful and extremely hospitable. The pub had a fantastic atmosphere, the food terrific (excellent portions) and the beer top notch.

The rooms were clean and spacious whilst the beds comfy. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
JollyHuntsman, Owner at The Jolly Huntsman Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Hugely enjoyed meeting you all and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Do not hesitate.
I was given room 11, which has a Double and a Single bed,and is blessed with two windows making for a light airy rom
Perfectly acceptable for 1or 2 nights,I only say this because there are no comfortable seats in this room(with a polite sign asking you NOT to sit on the single bed if you are only using the Double)
Wi Fi works perfectly well,and Shower (only) room very clean and again has it's own window
Now for a Tip,very confortable Bar Area /Restaraunt but be warned, the food is really, realy good and way above average" Gastro Pub standards"
The Portions are simply huge(I had Chicken/Chorizo salad as a starter which was a main meal itself,and do try it if only for the Poached Egg in Batter!)
Staff welcoming and eager to ensure your stay/meal is as you would wish
Parking is no problem with on street parking (no restrictions) even if the Car Park is full
Will not hesitate to use again
Top Marks

Room Tip: Can only comment on Room 11 but would be happy to use this room again
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your online review. Hope to see you again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I arrived late on a Thursday evening, about 10pm. The pub was busy but the landlady quickly made herself known to me and showed me to my room which was in what I presume used to be stables now converted into nice ensuite rooms. I had room 4 which was perfectly adequate for a night stop over for work. The kitchen had just closed but Helen did offer to get me hot food though I didn't feel like eating so soon after arriving. Instead she put me together a cheese plate. the room was comfortable enough and better than a more expensive travel inn. I paid £65 b&b. The breakfast was ok too but checkout took a few minutes because the chef was also on this duty. Overall the stay was good though I was only there for about 8 hours. Helen couldn't have been friendlier even when I managed to leave a bad review by mistake for another hotel on a different site. She rang me and I was able to make amends. Again sorry for the mistake. I would stay here again and look forward to trying the food that has been raved about on here

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sharon3001
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Visited with friends and thankfully we did not order starters because the main courses were gargantuan and of such good quality we could not leave a morsel. Needless to say we could not have dessert. The dishes ordered were a duck breast in an orange sauce; homemade burger; gammon egg and pineapple and a steak and kidney pudding. It is not fine dining but well executed hearty Fayre which deserves a second visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tomski2001
JollyHuntsman, Owner at The Jolly Huntsman Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and visit to us and thank you for taking the trouble to post a review. We hope to welcome you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for one night, the pub is lovely, great food, very large portions - too much for us and a good selection of beers.
We were in a room in the building opposite and had the family room. A large room with a large ensuite. Both the room and ensuite is well past its best, tiles in the ensuite cracked across the floor, the shower head wouldnt stay up and the water didnt flow away. The bed was awful mattress def past its best. I think for £80 for two it is not good value. The breakfast was nice and cooked to order. We did raise the issues when we paid but the landlady was not at the pub and the chef said there was nothing he could do, I did leave my number and asked to be called, sadly that has not happened. Def go back to the pub and would stay again ONLY IF they refurbished the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bandit7
JollyHuntsman, Owner at The Jolly Huntsman Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and food here and that the weather was kind to you during the Bikers Ride of Respect weekend. I am sorry that we were not available when you checked out - being Mothers Day I went out early as I wanted to lay some flowers where my Mother is buried in another local village, before we got on with the busy task of being fully booked for lunch. Our Chef did pass on the message that you requested a refund and required us to call and I have attempted to call twice but with no success.

With regard to your comments about the room, this was refurbished last year. The cracked tiles in the bathroom floor are a casualty of slight settlement in older buildings. I note the comments about the bed mattress and shower head and confirm that action is in hand regarding both issues.