“Great value”

Ranked #86 of 114 Restaurants in Chippenham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Really impressed with service, even bringing a slice of lime to the table after running out at the bar!! Food was very good quality, and excellent value for money! Will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Food and service was excellent, as well as providing an indoor play area to keep the children happy. I can recommend the Gammon Steak!!!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

It was a late Sunday evening, the place was quiet but the service was great considering it was 10 off us, we had all our main course served at the same time

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Mill House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Ref: GS0009004
02/01/2014

Dear Tchti,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Mill House (chippenham).

I have passed your kind words onto the management team at the Mill House (chippenham), and also their Business Development Manager, who would also like to thank you for your comments.

I hope you continue to enjoy your visits to Fayre & Square.

Kind Regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went here after our daughter had told us it was a nice pub that caters well for kids as there is a play area for them whilst waiting for food. Well first impressions. . .the pub looked ok but a little grubby in places, its quite a big size too which is fine but they need to make sure they have the right amount of staff to cover this as it was fairly busy. We had to wait 40 minutes for our food! and even then that was with me asking where it was, I think they forgot us. There wasn't the right amount of cutlery on the table either and no napkins. Two of us ordered the chicken and bacon salad as it sounded nice on the menu. . . But....when we got it, it was very disappointing, it was probably a whole bag of salad tipped out on to the plate and you were lucky if you could find any chicken or bacon in it ! I certainly don't recommend it. The sausage that my daughter had with her kids meal looked very undercooked too. After we had eaten I went up to the bar to try to order another drink but waited and waited and nobody came to serve me so I gave up and we left. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant/pub as the service is ridiculous !

1  Thank Lynn C
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Mill House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Lynn C

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Mill House in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Was a lovely meal, but when red hot plate come out for my 3 year old, asked for a cold one to transfer food and the not so helpful waitress stated they don't have any cold plates or bowls? Other than that a lovely meal for value