“Fantastic venue for a wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanton Manor Hotel

Stanton Manor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
poole, Dorset
“Fantastic venue for a wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I attended his goddaughter's wedding on 5th April 2012 and they had their reception and weekend for guests at this hotel. Staff couldnt have been more helpful and pleasant. The room was fantastic with a huge en-suite bathroom/shower, door out onto the garden, and a huge kingsize bed, which was really really comfortable. Large TV in the room and coffee/tea making facilities. Comfortable sofa. The breakfast was really great and we had a superb selection. I would definitely return in the future for a weekend break or get away. Lovely surroundings.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and faced out onto the garden at the back. Lovely views and really...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Berkshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I held our wedding and celebrations at Stanton Manor back on March 30th 2012 and I can honestly say that the Stanton Manor team exceeded our expectations in every way. We had an absolutely wonderful day - nothing was too much trouble for them, the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. The gardens looked beautiful (helped by the fact that we were very lucky with the weather) and the hotel itself was a perfect setting for our wedding. I can honestly say that I could not fault Stanton Manor on anything. In the run up to the wedding our planners, Alex and Kelly, were a joy to deal with and again they couldn't do enough for us. We've had so many comments from our friends and family about what a fantastic time they had and what wonderful service we received.

I am really so very grateful to the team at Stanton Manor and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone - wedding or otherwise. Thank you so much Stanton Manor, we will see you on our anniversary! (get the coffee machine warmed up!)

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are lovely, and some rooms at the back have garden/patio access. The family r...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank curlybird
wiltshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

well having been to a wedding there today. Even though we pre ordered food, it turned up cold! and worse still when asked if everything was all-right and saying it was not, they went away and heated up the food and it still came back only luke warm. there were not that many people there-80 - but still the service was slow. I mean the top table were served at least 20 mins before the last table and that is not acceptable in ANY good venue.I for one would NOT recommend this as a venue to anyone and thats a shame because we had another 2 family weddings this year, still your loss!"

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank blackorchidwiltshire
Bernice R, Director of Sales at Stanton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
As General Manager of the hotel and actually present during service of the wedding in question please allow me to put a sense of perspective on this one particular review, but before I do, I’d like to point out all the reviews make prior and subsequently to this one review and ask any trip advisor customer to make up their own mind! It is always helpful to receive constructive feedback of any nature; good, bad or indifferent, then understand the content of the message from the customer and work on the points they have rightly brought to your attention. Ignoring feedback that may be conceived as negative would be foolish and complacent because every organisation has room for improvement regardless of how well you believe you are performing. This is why I have never felt the need to respond to the few negative reviews the hotel may have received in the past, I have accepted the comments and tried to address the issues to the best of mine and the staff abilities. However in this instance I am grateful that trip advisor has the facility to allow me to reply. The Bride and Groom on the day were absolutely delighted with the whole experience of holding their wedding at Stanton, from the food, to the support of the wedding planner, to the staff and the ambience of the venue. So much so they bought my staff flowers! The whole 3 course wedding breakfast service for 80 people took just over two hours from start to finish; delivery of each course from start to finish was 12 minutes, personally timed by myself as part of the hotels standard operating procedures. All food that left the kitchen pass was at the optimum temperature of 75 Degrees +, no other food on the table in question was returned or complained about! The food was replaced instantly from scratch and fresh. Regrettably, I feel compelled to bring to the readers attention the lady in question left the service during the meal on many occasions to use her mobile phone and when the food was returned to the table the lady in question continued to use her mobile phone at the reception. Staff felt it would have been intrusive to interrupt her conversation. Again, regrettably this meant the food was left for a while before it was attended too! Stanton Manor has received exceptional reviews in the past for the integrity of its service and ability to deliver wonderful weddings with delightful food and service. I therefore would hope that the view of this individual does not distort or distract from the positive comments bride and grooms, guests and customers have taken the time to write in the past. Thank for taking the time to read my response and comments.
South West UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

First time ever posted a comment on TripAdvisor despite lots of travelling etc. Simply felt really had to on this one and only occasion. - Just held daughter's wedding here. It would have been very difficult to find anywhere that so suited the couple’s taste so brilliantly. Everything a pleasure from initial planning meetings through to leaving after breakfast the morning after the big day. Wedding Co-ordinator(s) so friendly and nothing too much trouble for them, right down to the smallest detail. Same applied to all the staff. We had 80 daytime guests with 100 or so in the evening. With exclusive use it really felt like it was our own manor house for nearly 24 hours. Lovely gardens weren't used as much as they might have been because of weather, but despite this we found it a perfect roomy yet cosy venue to hold a wedding reception. Great ambience to the place and the children also loved it. Felt very safe for them. We chose our choice menu at a tasting session but never imagined such fabulous food could be provided when catering for the 'masses' but it certainly was. So many wonderful comments about it from our guests, many of whom, like me, are very fussy about food. Absolutely fabulous food. Great venue, staff, rooms, location and FOOD. Not a single thing to moan about from any guest, totally the opposite. Would highly recommend having exclusive use. We were so impressed I just had to do this! (It was a church wedding so can't comment on civil ceremony here.)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank John E
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We wanted somewhere a bit different for a family birthday meal. The food was excellant and very tasty, so much better than an average pub meal, though the portions were not generous. £29.50 for 3 courses, but of course you get the table all evening and it is a lovely old house. The staff were very professional and patient.
We did not use the bar or garden but I imagine it would be loively to sit outside in the summer.
We did not stay overnight.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lupin_CCB
herefordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I recently stayed here with my wife, after a couple of rearrangements with the booking, with which the staff were amazingly helpful, we managed to stay at this lovely hotel. The room was lovely and big, nice and clean, with a beautiful, large bathroom. The grounds were perfect for an evening walk in the sunshine. Everything was a pleasure, and we look forward to our next stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank kittrax
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My fiancee and I decided to have a 'special treat' meal and she recommened Stanton Manor. The food and service more than lived up to it, the staff are friendly and know their menu. The food was excellent, and the vension was a delight, and espeically the fact they coped with my fiancee's gluten free diet at such short notice with gluten free rolls and a gluten free chocolate cake on the menu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the older part of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnLWard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
BEST WESTERN PLUS Angel Hotel
#1 of 2 in Malmesbury
Guyers House Hotel
Guyers House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Corsham

Been to Stanton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!