“How a hotel should be run...”

Stanton Manor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I spend more time in hotels than I do at home and I have experienced everything from the worst to the better hotels available. I can honestly say that Stanton Manor is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Everything from the stone floored corridor to the tastefully decorated bar and the large, immaculately presented room was a joy. Set in its own grounds within sight, but not earshot, of the M4 it is excellently located. I should also make special mention of the staff who were delightful and for whom nothing was too much trouble. The big chains should send their managers here to see how it should be done. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Dropped in for a meal and a drink. A little gem not far off the M4. Full of natural charm and interest. Ticked all the boxes. Peaceful, attractive and lovely interior design. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. We were hesitating at the entrance and Sarah came out to greet us and pointed us in the direction of the bar and beautiful garden. The food was perfect, cooked using local produce. Well worth a visit and we will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have just had a special lunch for my family (which includes nine children under 7 years of age). We had a superb day with excellent food and wine. From the outset when starting to arrange the day ALL the staff I met were professional and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I was able to choose our menu (with help and advice from the Chef). On the day we were all made very welcome, the room I had hired for the occasion looked great, the food was first class and beautifully presented and we were made to feel totally relaxed. We all had a truly memorable day. Sue S.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This beautifully appointed rural retreat is a great place to relax and recharge. The country manor house is just off the M4, so convenient for a travel stop, yet is in the middle of nowhere. Lovey views, gardens, restful rooms, great food, friendly staff. This is our third visit, as good as ever!

Room Tip: Old house so check which floor if elderly or infirm. Do have ground floor ones.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

A regular user of the facilities here, I stayed recently for the first time in a while - the food is excellent, if overpriced, but if you want wi-fi or to use 3G forget it, there is no reception, and they even rebooted their wi-fi for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I want to reiterate to the staff how thankful we are to them for making our special day so wonderful. We were married there on the 14th April 2012, prior to the event we had several meetings with a wedding co-ordinator who was completely professional and approachable. From our perspective the food was outstanding and exactly as we had remebered it from the menu tasting, they also provided small portions for the children that were present. We had many comments to say how much our guests enjoyed the food especially the lemon posset. We feel very disappointed that one of our family members or close friends could be so negative. All of our expectations were exceeded and would recommended the venue to freinds and family, whether it was a big event or a small intimate evening. Once again we would like to say a great big thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I attended his goddaughter's wedding on 5th April 2012 and they had their reception and weekend for guests at this hotel. Staff couldnt have been more helpful and pleasant. The room was fantastic with a huge en-suite bathroom/shower, door out onto the garden, and a huge kingsize bed, which was really really comfortable. Large TV in the room and coffee/tea making facilities. Comfortable sofa. The breakfast was really great and we had a superb selection. I would definitely return in the future for a weekend break or get away. Lovely surroundings.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and faced out onto the garden at the back. Lovely views and really...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wroughton
Best Western Compass Inn
Best Western Compass Inn
#1 of 1 in Tormarton

Been to Stanton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!