“Lovely Site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
Plough Lane Caravan Site
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have stayed at Plough Lane 3 times now and will be going back again in August. It is a lovely site easily accessed off of the M4. We have received a warm welcome everytime we have stayed at the site. The showers and toilets are immaculate and well equipped. The pitches are good too. There is a large supermarket a short drive away from the site and pubs within walking distance. We can't fault this site at all and will keep going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joanne D

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The site is quite pretty with flowers and hedges etc. but other writers are quite right its very "road traffic" noisy.
I had called Helen ahead to check their washing machine facilities as the site that we were on was awful in that area so I saved my clothes washing up which they knew about. We got there to no hot water as the boiler had broked down and has been iffy for a few days apparently, the fitter was due that day. I checked out the washing machine which was fine, we found out that the boiler was to be fitted the following morning. I started to do my clothes washing early the following morning to only to be told that the gas for the hot water would go off but they would hold on till I got my washing underway which was very helpful. The problem started with the rinse on the washing machine, it didn't and just filled with water nearly to the top! however the site owner was very good and we got the washing out and it went in her machine and they offered to tumble-dry for me while we were out. Checked on the tumble-drying just before we went out and and it was running stone cold even on high heat, didn't understand this and at first the girl in the office was reluctant to call the site owner which she must have done as when I got back it was all dry, apparently the dryer runs on gas which had been turned off...........
New boiler fitted in a day which was great!
Other writers are correct, they could do with more showers, the first ladies loo fills up really really slowly and 2 of the 3 loos were left with a "dirty" pan if you follow, is this because they fill up very slowly?, not that that is realy a good excuse ladies!
To get my washing dry I told the office that I would put my line up on the grass of an empty plot so as to get the sun more easily, only the following day Roger told me to move it as it might upset the guy on the plot NEXT DOOR! Bearing mind I had mentioned it to the office and had chosen an empty plot I thought that was grossly petty especially as the guy next door didn't mind at all (surprise surprise). It was a shame really as it spoiled all of the good work which went on regarding my washing.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 456789Solihull
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Noisy location quite a lot of rules such as no wind breaks unless you take them down as soon as you have finished, perhaps if there were hedges planted between pitches people wouldn't need the need to put them up for privacy.
Dog walk - very long grass only cut around edge but you are still expected to clear up - no chance as you can't see what your stepping in, lots of comments in feedback book so obviously don't listen to feedback. Dog walk not fully fenced if your dog chase a rabbit you have got no chance of following through trees. Gravel becomes muddy when wet which makes a mess in caravan.
Good wifi signal but a lot of URL's blocked for no obvious reason. Only thing available to buy in reception are rock pegs and aftershave which is for charity. Good welcome pack given out on arrivals with plenty of local info. Compared to other tranquil parks in southwest England who set the bar I would mark 6 out of 10.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Exceptional site well kept and clean, the site is near a main road and you can hear the hum of traffic in the background, that said it helped with my husbands tinnitus so there is an upside to that.
We chose the site as it is adult only which results in quieter evenings, and less competing for the showers which were amongst the best I have come across so far.
If I had a tip for future visitors it would be to take extra strong tent or awning pegs, as the ground is stoney although you can buy them at the reception for 50p each.
We were well pleased with this site and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madgio
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have been visiting Plough Lane now for 7 years at least 3 and sometimes 4 times a year and probably my only slightly negative comment is that there could be a couple of extra showers.
Having said that, the toilets are spotless with the most amazing murals.
The site is clean and tidy and well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jackcrosscollie
Reviewed 13 August 2013

VERY VERY NOISY TRAFFIC IN THE BACKGROUND 24/7. Pitch no 50.

Toilet facilities although very clean, not enough of them.

Cannot put up wind break. Was told to take it down.

Nice area to stay but would go for another site away from the main A road.

Got told off like a little boy for arriving 15 mins early.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BBader
Reviewed 8 August 2013

A very friendly Adults Only site. Immaculately clean and tidy all round. Wash/toilet block spacious and always clean and well looked after.
Owners, Roger and Helen are helpful, and go the extra mile for their guests.

We will certainly return in 2014 - there is so much to see and do in the surrounding area.

Other sites have 5 stars and you wonder why. Plough Lane deserves their award.

The "Hit and Miss" pub in the village does a good Sunday roast. Bus stops very close by and a Bus Pass is a great way of getting about for those of us of a certain age!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple