“Perfect lunch break and speedy take out”
Review of Olive N Chilli Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olive N Chilli Restaurant
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi cuisine restaurant and takeaway offering a selection of Italian, Indian and Chinese cuisine. Fully licensed premises with a great slection of beers, wines, spirits and cocktails to complement the world cuisine offering.Special lunch time menu for quick meals which can be preordered and paid for over the phone.Promotional offers on takeaway. Please call for latest offerings.Party bookings for large groups available 7 days a week.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Perfect lunch break and speedy take out”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Have now visited this restaurant several times and on different occasions and have never been disappointed. Most recently my colleagues and I ordered from the special lunch menu. The fast service makes it a perfect place to go on our lunch breaks as we work in the area, plus the prices are reasonable enough to go regularly.
Had take out a few times as it's free delivery and found it arrives pretty quickly so food is still hot and tastes the same as eating in.
Found I'm able to eat from Olive n Chili a lot due to their varied menu and haven't yet tasted anything which makes me think they're economising on taste to compensate for this menu, great chefs and great to watch them cook in the open plan kitchen.
Friendly family run business just starting out, lovely to see it grow, already seen improvements since it opened as the staff grow more comfortable, service and food have gone from great to excellent. Restaurant's obviously doing very successfully so great to see that prices are still remaining competitive.

• Visited January 2013

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent and most healthy Indian Food in Chippenham”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Hi,
I have been in Chippenham for the last 14 months. In this duration, I have dined from almost all of the so-called Indian Restaurants here. One thing I noticed is that almost all of these of these apart from Olive n Chilli are Bangladeshi restaurants. I have seen the Bangladeshi restaurants have these characteristics in common.
1. They use more oil in the dishes which makes it unhealthy.
2. They tend to put sugar/sweetener to most of their dishes which I personally don't prefer.
3. Many of the dishes taste very much like the ones you get from Tesco/ Sainsburys. You don't feel the magic in the variety of spices used.

The only restaurant which serves proper Indian food in Chippenham is Olive n Chilli.
They claim to serve Chinese and Mediterranean cuisines as well which I am no good to comment on. Well, I have once tried their Chicken Chowmeen noodles which was alright.
The Indian dishes were marvelous and I could feel the richness in taste. They had used minimal oil and the food came piping hot, aromatic and delicious. The interior was warm and comfortable. The staff were quite friendly and homely.
Definitely recommended if you look for some real delicious Indian food.
Recommendations:
Fisk pakoda, Veg Pakoda,
The Chicken Tikka masala (tasted much better than from the other restaurants)
Lamb Biriyani.
Tandoori Roti, Stuffed naan

• Visited December 2012
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Microwaved cous cous followed by a warm garden salad ;-(”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I took a friend to dinner and thought why travel far to Bath when we have a new restuarant here in Chippenham. What a mistake this was, firstly we were seated right by the door which was constantly opened and closed so the draught did make our food quickly cool down. We ordered from the wine list which I do salute as it was extensive and the meals on offer where very varied.
As our starters came I noticed the cous cous dish was still in the shape of a bowl and this was confirmed when I noticed a small plastic strand on the side (obviously a ping meal) 10 minutes in to the starters our main arrived and was left on the table at the side so we asked to have it taken back till we had enjoyabably eaten our starters, so they did and it was placed under the hot plate, unfortunatley they left the salad on the side for my partner and also the piece of lemon. this dried up as we noticed.
The mains arrived and when we asked why they were left under the hot plate and not given a fresh salad we were informed that this was normal.
We never stayed for dessert and vowed not to go back again. The staff however were polite however I feel they cannot cope with more than 5/6 tables at a time. The food is adequate for the price however perhaps too much choice for one menu is too much.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Gavin James P
c s, Owner at Olive N Chilli Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
We welcome all customer comments and were disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your experience on your first visit.
Thank you for your positive comments on our wine list and menu.
We pride ourselves on preparing only freshly cooked meals on our premises so we can guarantee 100% that no microwave foods are served, however we do cover some foods with cling film when putting this in the hot cupboard so it does not dry out. The shape is prepared by us and is part of our commitment to presentation as well as taste. We do not serve ready meals at our premises.
We are sorry to hear you did not like where you were seated however if we are not full, we will always seat our customers where they wish to be seated so please let us know if an alternative table would be preferred, should you visit us again.
I am surprised to hear you were not given a fresh salad if you had asked for this and will investigate the incident you mention.
We always ask all our customers for their feedback at the time of their visit. We make every effort to ensure customers have enjoyed their meal and will do our utmost to change the meal if it does not meet your expectations so please let us know if anything is not right should you visit us again.
chippenham, wiltshire
“Definately worth a try !!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We were a table of four, all had something different off the menu and we all enjoyed it. The cocktails were generous and went down a treat..;-). Service was warm and attentive and very welcoming. Prices were very reasonable and I will definately be returning for another portion of the moussaka!!! Mmmm very tasty. Thank you!! Hope you succeed in your business see you again soon

1 Thank beckykfs
Thank you for your feedback which is always welcome and glad you liked the moussaka which is one of our bestselling dishes.Looking forward to welcoming you back again.
“Pure taste of indian dishes”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We have ordered so many times now and always have the same taste . We purely order Indian but have tried the pizzas as well which taste really good. God knows how they make their mocktails which I'm personally mad about .The owners are so friendly I couldn't believe they came to the tables and spoke to all of us individually and it felt like being at home with family. I've been to alot of places in chippenham but never been welcomed this way. The food quality was brilliant where no extra oil was seen because I hav high cholesterol and most restaurant food makes me ill but this is one place I can eat everything in there and never get that bad feeling. Love the food and hospitality above all exceptional improvment in service since our first visit. You got us for life as customers

Thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you again and again for years to come.